2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

George/LeBron get to decide what the deal is. I figure we hold on to as many youngsters as we can, probably most focused on Ingram and Ball. The rest I see as expendable if we can net someone worth it, maybe even one of Ingram or Ball if that also dumps Deng.

Outside of Davis, I'm not sure I see anyone else worth pursuing right away though. If Davis isn't on the table, the Lakers likely just build around the two guys they can get while keeping their options open for the future.

Khmrp likes this.
  2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i'm still wondering if the lakers have a counter for george should lebron stay in cleveland (or go to houston). do they have a separate trade in mind that could bring in a running mate, sort of like what phx tried to do when they signed chandler to entice aldridge, except there's no one to sign outright in this case.

detroit was trying to move drummond last year. if they miss the playoffs, will they consider it again? will washington consider moving wall or beal? will memphis move gasol in the summer?

3. therealdeal

Wall would be a solid guess in my opinion. He seems to be a polarizing figure in that Wizards locker room and with that team being now really cap strapped, they might consider that move. Interesting thing about Wall's contract is it doesn't blow up until the summer of 2019 where it goes from 19.1 to 37.8 million.

Lillard? I can't see many other options. Gasol makes some sense, but not a ton. They're selling pretty low on him. High contract, aging big, it's questionable how much of an impact he has on wins these days, doesn't fit perfectly into the pace of today's game. Would Gasol be enough to really mean anything to George? I'm not sure.

LaVarBallsDad likes this.
  4. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

If we dont have a legit contender and trade for wall, we're gona be in cap hell and luxury tax nightmare once his super max kicks in. I think Lillard is gona bounce, that preemptive meeting is just a foreshadowing, Dame is saying all the right things but can anyone honestly see Por being any better than they currently are with the amt of bad contracts they have?

5. therealdeal

I tend to agree, but I also don't think Portland would be eager to trade him here.

6. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

oh i wasnt implying dame to us, i think if por continues this treadmill for the next 2yrs n dame for whatever reason doesnt qualify or gets the super max, i see him leaving via FA

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    abeer3 and therealdeal like this.
  7. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I've seen Anthony Davis mentioned, but this is interesting...

Is the main thought that he has just had bad low seeded teams and gets trounced in the 1st round, or does he really have empty numbers, and is a good #2 guy?

8. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Love Wall, but his knees concern me; you know better than I do with the reckless style he plays with that can possibly shorten his career.

Lillard? I take him all day.

LTLakerFan and therealdeal like this.
  9. therealdeal

They said the same things about Pau and Garnett not too long ago. Give me Davis and another star and I can get you 45 wins a year (assuming health).

lakerfan2, Barnstable and Weezy like this.
  10. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Assuming?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  11. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Sorry, but that’s nonsense. We saw what he did to us a couple games ago, destroyed us, those weren’t empty numbers, they put the game away early. He’s just had crappy teams, and unfortunate injuries. This year the Pelicans were trending up, looking at a better playoff seed than ever before with AD, and then Cousins goes down. That’s not on AD, he still has them in the 8th seed right now. If anyone put up empty stats it was probably Kevin Love in Minnesota. But when AD is out there having monster games like 43/14, 40/21, 50/20, 39/13 & blocks, 26/17 & 9 blocks, no, no, those are not empty stats. That’s an absolute star who only continues to add to his game, people seem to forget he really couldn’t even shoot outside the free throw line when he first came in and now his range is out in 3 point territory. He’s pretty much as good as an overall player as they come.

12. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

There's no such thing as empty stats, but the value of every point, rebound, and assist will vary depending on how competitive the team is. In the case of Davis, one can definitely argue that his numbers are inflated playing for a bad team. I find it doubtful that he'd get the same numbers on a contender like GSW, for example. He deserves criticism for his team underachieving, and yes, I feel that he's a bit overrated. The media often refers to him as the 3rd best player in the league but that's just laughable when he's so consistently unavailable for his team. He's not a 1st tier star like Kobe, Durant, Curry or Lebron. Not until he can prove to be successful on a competitive team. And prove that he can stay on the court.

13. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

I always thought Minn Kevin Love was an empty stats guy to me, he would put 30/20 gms and his team would still get blown out. I use to look at some of box score gms where he'd only have something like 10pts n 5board at the half but his team would be down 20 but by end of the gm he'd get 30+ n 20+ but yet minn would still be losing by 10-20

14. Bryant

Bryant - Lakers 6th Man -

Stephen A claims that Leonard's uncle (who is his agent) has been the one causing problems with the Spurs.
    Is Leonard's uncle name LaVar Leonard? Hope his uncle pushes him to LA! :Kobe Snickering:

15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i view davis as kg II. he's one of the very best players in the league, imo. his teams have routinely been...uninspiring, through no fault of his own. i think you give him an allstar wing (legit, not wally sczerbiak), and he's going to win you 50+ games, maybe 60.

durability has definitely been an issue, though.

put it this way: if boston gets him (like they did kg), i think they become a juggernaut a la golden state.

Big Mamma Jamma and sirronstuff like this.
  16. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

If C Bags get AD next to Kyrie and Hayward, im done watching basketball.

17. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

Isn't it tampering and Magic was fined for same s*** ?

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and Cookie like this.
  18. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

I dont think those rules apply to players, only coaches/mgmt.

sirronstuff likes this.
  19. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

It does.

20. therealdeal

But it doesn't. The NBA has allowed players carte blanche to do whatever they want in terms of "tampering".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.