2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

The Death lineup was what you had above with Randle in place of Lopez and we all hope we can somehow keep Lopez as well. You're just rambling in the first paragraph. Overvaluing .... blah blah blah. Address the defense if you just casually lose Julius. Why is the staff including Luke and FO high on him being able to .... read carefully now .... reasonably well defend against all 5 positions? No one said "shut" elite wing guys down in your other tired rant.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  2. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

I know basketball. I know what needs to be on a team for it to win. All this other crap is just post fodder.

Lakers need LeBron(shoot myself) and PG this summer to stop Boston from getting title 18 before we get 17. it's that simple. Julius has been playing for 3 years on this team and he has led them to exactly 0 playoff appearances. What else is their to talk about?

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  3. LTLakerFan

Another diversionary answer. Let's not talk about LBJs s***** defense in the East at 33 already this year and Julius's increasing role in that area. Let's say, "I know basketball". The stance here is they do everything they can to try to keep him too to take a lot of that load off your declining on defense superstar in the future. Luke Walton disagrees with you but what does he know. Right?

:Kobedisbelief:

tada and sirronstuff like this.
  4. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

Uh, no we don’t. He can stay in Cleveland. And Boston will not be getting 18 before we get 17. There’s a little team in California that’s holding it down for us until we can get back up there. :Brows:

And Julius was never asked to do that, no one else either for that matter. You are putting an unfair expectation on him that is making you biased. Lonzo didn’t get us to the playoffs this year. BI didn’t do it last year, are we gonna ship them out too? I don’t know the history with you and Julius like @LTLakerFan seems to know about you, I’m simply going by this post and it is unfair to say the least.

5. OX1947

You pay Julius Randle 15-20 million a year and you will regret it like you do Luol Deng.

6. OX1947

Luke Walton also wanted Mosgov. What's your point again? What? Because he is Luke Walton, he isn't wrong? And Because I am just a fan, I can't be right?

This team has stunk for 4 years. All these wishful and hopeful thoughts mean nothing in the end for winning. I want the team to win. The NBA is not like baseball or football or even hockey. You HAVE to get top 10 players on the team to have a hair of a shot of winning titles. Arguing over Top 60 players like Julius Randle is counter productive. And as far as BI and Lonzo, jury is still out on those guys but their mental make up so far has been C to C+ at best. I am not expecting them to be Magic Johnson and Scottie Pippen being in the league one year. But you look at someone like Kyle Kuzma and Josh Hart, they're mental mindset is what I like. Kuz plays through pain. Josh Hart is a guard who fights for rebounds like a PF. They are engaged all game, every time they are out there. Kuz went thru slumps and still kept shooting and trying. He blew defensive assignments, got taken out and still fought through it. That's what needs to happen.

Now, you want to talk Lebron not playing defense, well, Lebron is a Swiss army knife for his team. If he spends his energy on defense on his team, it isn't likely he has enough juice for the end of the game. Gotta really pay attention to the games ladies and gents. I watch these games, I am not blind. I am not sitting there trying to figure out a way to make an argument in my favor. I am just saying what I see.

7. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

That's asinine. If all we do is resign Julius and get Paul George, Julius will likely average 18/9. Deng will continue to simulate himself playing games in the locker room. I agree that if the choice is between LBJ and Julius, you take LBJ. But to say Julius will be like Deng is ridiculous.

8. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

there Will still be teams interested in trading for randle at 15-20mill...this is a terrible hyperbole, is randle going to get fat n forget how to ball as soon as he signs the deal?

tada, Savory Griddles and sirronstuff like this.
  9. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

Surely you’re not serious.

Luol Deng has/ had no ties to the Lakers. We didn’t draft him and when Mitch & Co did sign him to that ridiculous deal he had clearly declined and had been there for years.

Signing Randle for 15-20M (which he is worth) for 4-5 years before he hits or as he enters his prime is not going to hurt us. Aren’t we looking to the future not just a couple of years.

Signing Lebron and all his Lebrontics will set us back and once he leaves or retires we’ll be in worse shape then when he came.

10. LTLakerFan

I knew Moz was coming up OX. Give me a chance to win my $10 back that you wouldn't let me pay you. I bet you will see Randle on the team this coming year and for more than 15M. Hopefully not much more. But that will mean Magic and Rob and Luke who all know a little basketball too, granted not as much as you .... all considered him valuable going forward. Bet?

11. Jazzygirl205

Jazzygirl205 - Rookie -

I just don't see LeBron coming to L.A. It would be awesome if he did pack it up and come here but I just don't see it.

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  12. OX1947

Damn. I'm getting hammered in here. Alright fellas and ladies, we will see in a few months who stands to be right.

4 years of non playoff ball has jaded me. I predict Randle will not get 20 million per. At least for not 5 years. If he gets paid 15 mil, that is still risk you are taking if we do come out of free agency with one star. Lakers have Mychal's boy waiting in 14 months, let's not forget.

13. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

He's in negotiations ro sign an extension with Golden State right now.

Khmrp and Lakeshow85 like this.
  14. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

With all due respect, you were telling people how well “you know basketball” last summer when you were also saying Randle was barely an NBA player. Now you’re comparing him to Deng? :Laugh:

15. LTLakerFan

Another major star player taking a significant pay cut to be where he wants to be? I like it.

sirronstuff likes this.
  16. LTLakerFan

The history is with OX and his capping Julius's career at the age of 22 with a ludicrously low ceiling because .... well he's OX. It's what wallagong is referring to below.

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  17. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

You're not getting hammered for your assertion that LBJ, Klay or other stars should take precedence over Julius. I agree with that. Its your comparison of Julius to a guy who, although perfectly healthy, only played in one game because of how bad he sucked.

As for Klay, we can still sign him while signing Julius to 15 and PG because Deng would only have one year of stretch at that point, or he'd be easier to move as an expiring.

Barnstable likes this.
  18. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

This!

You can't let an asset like Jules walk for nothing. I prefer to keep him on a team friendly deal. But if push comes to shove and we're forced to sign a 20M per offer sheet, we best do it. Cause you can still trade that later.

But holy s***, I totally understand Ox's frustration in all of this too. We are talking about how dope the cbags look while our a**** have been sitting at home this time of year for 4 years straight...5 years if you count the sweep coming at the heels, or should I say Achilles, of Kobe carrying us into the playoffs vs the Spurs. I am beyond over this phase of our "rebuild".

Time to f***ing compete, cause those cbags ain't waiting around for us and from the looks of it, they'll own the lEast (especially after Bron heads west) and will continue to be repeat Finals contestants... Where all you need is one fluke injury to a western squad and they'll get #18.

Retain Jules at all cost and then figure out what you want to do with him afterwards. Don't let another frontline player walk away and have nothing to show for it (ie Pau and Dwight).

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  19. OX1947

I wasn't comparing him to Deng the player. I meant it would be a liability cap wise in the ilk of Deng. I should have made that clear.

20. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

That doesn't make it better because to be in the "ilk of Deng", Randle would have to transition into complete uselessness. Randle at least serves a purpose and has a role on the team. Deng is dead cap. There's nothing useful about Deng.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.