2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Well, not exactly for free; they'd be taking up a max spot, but I agree w/you. The benefit of signing Paul George outright is simple: we add an All-Star Caliber player to play with your young, talented youth.

Although, what is Leonard still wants to come to Los Angeles and pair up with George? Oh, the possibilities...

ElginTheGreat and sirronstuff like this.
  2. johnnyboy

johnnyboy - Lakers 6th Man -

Im Satoshi Nakamoto
    First day of free agency you resign Randle. And hope you can land one big free agent. If you let randle walk and strike out with FAs,
    thats a HUGE blunder. The lakers can than sign kawhi later on. Deng will be easier to unload as he gets closer to the end of his contract.
    Swinging for the fences also increases how many times you strike out. Sometimes all you need is a base hit or a double. Sign randle and
    hope for the best w/ PG. If the lakers don't get PG, you go for every bradley, jj reddick and fill out the roster. Ball/kuz/ingram/randle/hart will all be a bit better next year. And if healthy? They can win 42-48 games. No doubt in my mind. Assuming they fill out the roster and don't just lose guys.

tada, sirronstuff and LTLakerFan like this.
  3. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

what if pg doesnt sign here but reups with okc? does that change the "we can wait and sign said player for free mentality?

4. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i think the dwight howard scenario looms way too large in lakers fans' collective consciousness. houston tried to get him, but ended up not having to sacrifice many assets and signing him after we traded value for him. but the truth is that was the exception that proves the rule. and tbh, had kobe not torn his achilles, i'm pretty sure howard would have stayed--even though he didn't like it here. point being: it was a perfect s***storm that led to that outcome. in the end, the player's current team has a ton of advantages in FA (comfort, familiarity, stability, a bit more money, etc.).

it's certainly possible george signs here and the FO looks smart for not giving up any assets to get him. it's equally (or more) possible that he doesn't, and the FO is left either a) overpaying avery bradley (as suggested above--and you will have to overpay, that's how this FA game works), b) eating salary for late first rounders or early 2nds, and/or c) pimping the next 20XX plan.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  5. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

I had to like this for its

[​IMG]

johnnyboy and sirronstuff like this.
  6. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

https://syndication.bleacherreport....ule-is-not-to-help-teams-like-lakers.amp.html

ElginTheGreat, abeer3 and sirronstuff like this.
  7. LTLakerFan

^^^ Timothy Rapp no want to do proper research with not mentioning the 1st round pick we do have? That doesn't count?

"But even if the Spurs were inclined to move Leonard to a team like the Lakers, it's fair to question if Los Angeles would have the assets San Antonio was seeking. The Lakers don't own their first-round pick in 2018, and it might take the entire young trio of Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma and Brandon Ingram to acquire Leonard."

And San Antonio kills us with that trade. No ******* way.

therealdeal likes this.
  8. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

One thing is for certain, our current front office isn't budging for a rental.

If we weren't going to break the bank for PG, it's not going to happen for a disgruntled, injured Leonard. We'll play the waiting game, keep all of our young guns, and take him outright when he leaves.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  9. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

Lol is that like SA’s version of Kevin Ding? A Spur’s mouth piece? Some of the silliest fan wish reporting I’ve seen in some time.

No... the Lakers will not have to give up 2 say nothing for all 3 of Ball, Ingram, and Kuz. Again teams don’t ever get equal value when trading a superstar. Even when Indiana traded PG last off season, they took back assets that were waaaaay less than PG’s perceived value (Olidipo hadn’t popped yet as a budding star).

We either give up one and pieces (or one and a resigned Randle) or nothing at all.

10. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

doesnt really answer my question...guess we'll have to wait n see on this pg situation, if he doesnt come i think we need to stop that "we'll just wait n sign them mentality" we can call pg all the names we want but end of the day if that happens waiting for fa isnt fail proof but thats not to say we should give up anything n everything opposing team ask for.

abeer3 likes this.
  11. LTLakerFan

Everyone should listen to OX and stop sweating this. PG isn't staying with that bad situation in comparison even NOW to what we are building with the type of ball we're playing. And their FO ain't going into luxury cap hell for a mediocre playoff team. Mello can't turn down 27 million and opt out. PG and Randle's agent and PG himself have to be smarter than that. Not even mentioning the cows and tornados.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  12. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

id like to still take the risk of signing dmc if pg does come n we reup randle...talk Lopez into exception as insurance plan till dmc comes back full healthy...
    ball/vet
    ingram/hart
    pg/kuz
    randle/kuz
    lopez/dmc

13. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

One part of the article is definetely correct , Spurs won't trade Leonard to us ... unless they rob our FO

As for realistic offers , Ingram , Hart + 2 1st round picks seem ok to me .

C-Bags might offer something like Brown, Rozier and maybe the 19 Kings pick ( the Grizz pick seems more likely)

Sixers : Fultz , Covington and our 18 pick

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  14. Barnstable

That’s true, so if Kawhi really wants to be a Laker this off season, he needs to do a better job of putting it out there than PG did or SA will just do what the Pacers did and trade him for trash to ANY other team not in the west.

therealdeal likes this.
  15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

well, their fan wish is "all the lakers' young players plus a cadillac" and ours is "maybe kuzma". the truth is somewhere in between.

i did lol a bit at the writer's comparison between boston's young talent and the lakers', seemingly suggesting that brown and tatum were worth more than kuzma/ingram/ball.

it was pretty bad writing, but it does drive home my point: we value our guys more than non-laker fans value our guys.

ElginTheGreat, Khmrp and svtzr like this.
  16. Barnstable

I think every team’s fans do that. Doesn’t mean we’re nessisarilly wrong or they’re wrong.

But that article stinks of a SA mouthpiece trying to maneuver for better positioning if a trade did go down.

Cookie, therealdeal and sirronstuff like this.
  17. wcsoldier81

And SAS might still trade him somewhere else to piss Kawhi and the Lakers off.

Isn't it what the Pacers essentially did with PG13 ?

Plus C-bags and Sixers are definetely in better position than OKC was to take this risk

Barnstable likes this.
  18. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Pacers made out pretty well in that deal. I'm sure the Spurs will do fine if they decide to trade him. They are a playoff team without him playing, so they will get nothing but better I'm sure. they'll find the perfect system players that are overlooked on another roster and make everyone wonder how the other team missed so badly.

19. Barnstable

Not if Kawhi strait says in an interview “I want to be a Laker and I won’t sign an extension anywhere else”. That would be the only way I’d get excited for this.

I don’t see any execs taking the risk if he’s that vocal about it rather than how PG handled it just putting rumors out there.

20. wcsoldier81

Kawhi being vocal ????

I guess anything is possible with him now though after what happened this season ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.