2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    I never read your posts lol I thought you were bringing facts on how our plan will fail. My bad:Kobe Snickering:

sirronstuff likes this.
  2. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

All good man, you were a heck of a player, so you can say whatever you like!

sirronstuff and KareemtheGreat33 like this.
  3. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

There's literally zero chance at that happening and the Spurs wouldn't get that offer.

The guy is a, now very public, malcontent and has one year left on his deal. How are they going to demand that much for him? They'll get maybe one.

4. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Whew! I've always preferred him as a malcontent.

[​IMG]

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  5. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

the spurs will get an offer that good or better, unless there's evidence leonard's injury is going to end his status as a top-3 nba player. clean bill of health, and kuz/ingram won't be enough.

svtzr's posts elucidated this, but he put lonzo in instead of ingram. i'd speculate they currently have similar trade value.

6. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

I agree. Can't see us doing it.

7. ElginTheGreat

I don't see why we would do this if we weren't willing to give up guys to bring in George last year in a similar scenario. Our prospects showed even more promise last year and I honestly think Kuz is going to be a star.

I love Kawhi, but questionable attitude and health does not equal trading two young prospects for him in my opinion. Especially when we weren't willing to do it for Paul George.

8. ElginTheGreat

I also have to wonder how motivated he'll be to play for a struggling team when he won't seem to push himself to play with a good one that's currently in the playoffs. If Pop isn't motivating him to get out there then what can Luke do?

Just a lot of question marks in my mind on Kahwi right now. It should be a no brainer talent wise, but mental blocks, emotional issues, etc don't really go away in my opinion.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    Kenzo and therealdeal like this.
  9. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Hey you don't want to be calling PG anything but a 1st tier star around these parts... but a watered down Kawhi doesn't sound too shabby :D

10. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

11. therealdeal

C'mon man. You know Kawhi is a souped up LiAngelo Ball.

12. therealdeal

Exactly. The Lakers aren't going to give up two of their star young assets for a one-year deal, it just will not happen; especially when those two young players are on great long-term contracts. If we'd already been forced to pay one of them, you might see something like OKC/Pacers did, but there's no way the Lakers do that now with their young group. It'd be a big mistake of resources.

The Spurs would be lucky to get one good young player and a future pick. That's a fair offer considering all the problems that Kawhi now represents. Is he a team player? Is he a diva? Is he actually seriously injured? All on one-year deal? I'm not giving up big time assets for all that.

13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

both wings, both get steals. i get it.

14. therealdeal

[​IMG]

15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

it all, as always, comes down to how much you value cap space. i don't. it almost never does anything useful except generate hope for later. i like birds in my hand. this is how the lakers did it when they were good. since they've been bad, cap space has been king.

and we don't know what's going on with leonard. i just know that as long his issue isn't physical, teams will line up and offers will climb. maybe we find out the spurs did something pretty crappy? everyone's assuming the problem is his.

16. OmarE

OmarE - Lakers Starter -

Ingram+kuzma = 32 points per game and 6 assist combined.... That's better than kawhi (s***ty attitude) and unknown injury. You got to also factor in the both kuzma and Ingram along with Zo are potential Superstars in this league. I'm sorry but I'm waiting till 2019 and snatch kawhi as a free agent if available. Go after George and LeBron, or just George and Lopez (with Randle) and call it an off season

LTLakerFan likes this.
  17. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

are we still speaking about george as a foregone conclusion? ah, the hope of the cap space springs eternal. because if not george, then definitely leonard in 2019, or <insert name here> in 2020, or lebron's son in 2031.

at least shameless tanking guarantees that you get something. hoarding cash doesn't even carry that guarantee.

with respect to the stat counting, i'm sure houston would love to get lou williams and pat beverly back for chris paul. i mean, lou williams outscored paul all by himself!

Khmrp likes this.
  18. therealdeal

I want birds in the hand too, but we have those. Our kids are assets that need to be flipped responsibly if they're flipped at all. Trading half our young staff for a malcontent is just bad business. We're not trading them for Anthony Davis who has played all year and is an upstanding teammate who carried his team to the playoffs. You're talking about trading for a guy who has alienated the most "team oriented" franchise in the league and one of the greatest coaches of all time and who might even have a serious injury to boot AND is on a one-year contract. That's completely illogical.

So we lose BI and Kuzma to a rival in the Conference, Kawhi gives us the Dwight treatment (recovering from a serious injury and never gains his footing) and then leaves. Now we've rebuilt the Spurs for them and we're back to 2015 again.

19. ElginTheGreat

It definitely could be on the Spurs, but at this point we just don't know. Makes it tougher to pull the trigger on trading off young assets IMO.

20. ElginTheGreat

Right. I mean, does anyone doubt Pop could get the most out of say Kuz and Ingram? I don't.

I'd definitely be more comfortable with a deal for someone like Anthony Davis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.