2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Oh I would GLADLY take Ariza or Beverly (NO to Lou) off of Houston's hands for a future 2nd round pick. Heck, I would even do Ariza or Beverly for Tarik Black ( I believe he has a non-guaranteed deal which would be beneficial to Houston).

I actually think Beverly would fit this team really well. He's the type of player you HATE if he's not on your team, but LOVE if he's on your team. You could start beverly next to Lonzo and let him guard whoever the tougher match-up is at 1 or 2. He can also spread the floor and hit 3s. I think Lakers need to be looking at getting possibly BOTH Ariza and Beverly this summer. But then again...if you're the clippers...if Cp3 is going to leave..why not do a S&T with Houston and take back Ariza and Beverley?? Is that even possible?

2. LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life - Rookie -

Nope. Trev fired David Lee and hired Rob Pelinka in 2011.

3. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Well hell there you go. Bring him home Rob.

:Magic Brows:

4. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Durant would work too

:Magic Brows:

Barnstable likes this.
  5. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

lakers desperately need shooters

and rebounders too. but mainly shooters

there is absolutely no one on this team aside from lopez and clarkson who can shoot the 3. and clarkson is wildly inconsistent

6. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

They need shooters because of the space Ball needs to create; Lopez is going to do wonders for him. If they can lock up a shooter at the 2 this Free Agency, that will be huge. Ingram has to get his percentages up; of course Randle and Nance have to shoot better as well. If not, Ball will struggle to find seams and angles with congestion in the lane...

7. Toneloc

Toneloc - Rookie -

Ball needs someone he can dish the rock to, then he will truly excel.

8. LaVarBallsDad

Jeff Green, Ersan Illyasova, Kyle Korver, (Probably wants to contend), CJ Miles (@Doc Brown point out the other day), Redick (probably wants a long-term deal), just not a lot out there..

9. LaVarBallsDad

I think Lopez will help him out a great deal; as I just said, there really isn't a lot of options out there.

I don't even know what to expect with Deng; he'd be a great stretch the 4 option, but can he even play anymore? IDK.

sirronstuff, LTLakerFan and Toneloc like this.
  10. Toneloc

Toneloc - Rookie -

We spent the last decade watching Deng be a fairly reliable role player, but there was zero semblance of that this past year. I guess it's nice to have a seasoned vet around the younger guys, but it still makes me sick thinking about his $alary.

sirronstuff and LaVarBallsDad like this.
  11. LaVarBallsDad

Same here. We have to get out of his contract. I just don't know if there are any takers this year; if there isn't, instead of slotting him at the 3, he needs to play the 4. He excelled in Miami playing a stretch 4 when they went small when Bosh was out due to medical reasons.

Hope we figure something out with him...

12. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Deng ranged from "passable" to "retired" even when he was playing big minutes. Given that management has put such an emphasis on being in shape, there's basically no chance Deng is in our plans. Deng showed up to our team as out of shape as anyone, probably moreso. He was noticeable overweight. Didn't he also skip his exit meeting as well? I can't blame the guy for taking the deal put in front of him, but I do blame him for not having the professionalism to try to earn that check. That guy is dead to me as far as I'm concerned.

There aren't a ton of options in FA, but I really expect Arron Afflalo to be a factor. He's a decent shooter, has some clout as a veteran, and can play the SG/SF position which gives the Lakers that sort of versatility they like. He's not flashy, but he's the type of guy who could benefit from that one year, prove-it type deal.

The position I see almost no opportunities at in FA is PG if we're really going to not give out deals past a year. I don't see great dump candidates, defenders, or shooters...

Cookie, LTLakerFan and LaVarBallsDad like this.
  13. LaVarBallsDad

That's depressing. This years Free Agency is horrible. My goodness. Everytime I look at the list; This might be another long season, man.

abeer3 and therealdeal like this.
  14. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

I wish he hadn't hurt his boob during his pissed off training to shut everyone up this year. If he gets rid of the "fat" this year maybe he could be useful again, but rehab is now cutting into that. Besides he had a really pissy attitude at the end of the season, like he was clueless about why he wasn't playing. Dude! First off you played for s*** and secondly of course they needed to evaluate the young guys who don't have locked in contracts like your lazy self who was too busy doing other things apparently to visit the weight room. At the bottom of attendance. Certainly can't be in this FO's plans with attitude like that, other than to find a way to unload him one way or another.

Cookie likes this.
  15. therealdeal

I think we'll lose plenty of games, but the product will look and feel different. More emphasis on ball movement and smarter basketball. Guys who don't fit are going to stand out like a sore thumb. Lopez helps take pressure off the young guys a little bit because he's a legitimate 20 ppg guy at least. Push come to shove we can dump the ball to him and let the man work.

But yes, barring a George trade, this roster is a lower-half sort of roster unless these rookies are a lot better than other rookies.

Ball/???
    ???/Clarkson/Hart
    Ingram/Brewer/Nwaba
    Randle/Nance Jr./Kuzma
    Lopez/Zubac/Black/Bryant

With about 10-12 million to spend. If we dump Black's non-guaranteed it becomes 15-17ish million. Maybe we can take on Parker's contract and a 1st from the Spurs if they need to clear more cap space... I don't know what to do about that backup PG spot. Getting rid of Deng without taking back long-term money might honestly make Pelinka executive of the year. I'm serious. If he can get rid of Deng without taking back long-term money, that gives us a massive advantage next summer and so much more room to operate with the young guys. You dump Deng without a big deal coming back and a guy like Randle or Clarkson (not both) can stick around.

Cookie, LTLakerFan and LaVarBallsDad like this.
  16. LaVarBallsDad

I don't think Black is coming back; that will free up some money. I think Parker retires a Spur; doesn't seem like Pop or the Spurs organization to dump one of Parker like that. Getting rid of Deng without taking salary back would take a miracle; nonetheless, I don't think that happens. You'd have to add a premium asset and we're not in a position to do that given our limited assets we've accumulated...

I like your Houston idea; we've done business with Houston just recently and in the past; Morey always seems to be ready to trade anybody on his roster minus Harden to go after a star; we picked up Lin from them a few years ago in exchange for the 27th pick. It just doesn't have to be them either; there could be other teams that are trying to clear space that need help facilitating a transaction; let's help as long as it doesn't hinder our long-term flexbility...mainly 2018.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  17. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

It's kind of splitting hairs, but I think there is a very good chance Hart starts so we have some offense on the second unit in Clarkson.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  18. therealdeal

That's not really the point of what I was going for, but you're right. Hart has a path to starting if he comes in and does what he showed in college. Of course he needs to translate his jumper as well.

I'm not counting on him though if I don't have to. We need some veterans on this team that aren't useless. Brewer and Lopez are the only guys who fit that bill and as much as I like Brewer, he's not a great player.

19. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

I have this team currently going 32-50.

I'd be thrilled if we had a six game improvement.

Then you're a Paul George away from being back in the playoffs.

therealdeal likes this.
  20. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

I'll take 32 wins in a heartbeat...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.