2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

We would have to take a bad contract back if we're sending out Deng, and Chicago has no bad contracts really past next season. I don't think we'd have to part with Clarkson in a Wade trade though. Too much talk about them just straight up cutting him to help them tank.

I could see us maybe sending out Black, Brewer, a couple seconds and maybe a little cash for Wade. They get instant cap relief with Black being cut and essentially turn Wade's 23.8 million into Brewer's 7.6 million. Makes their team more tanktastic, and saves them 16 million.

If we can keep Wade healthy and let him play 25 minutes a game or so with Clarkson and Hart giving him lots of breathers, I think we have something there. Lopez is MUCH better than anything we had at center the last 3 years. I think that team can battle a bit for the 8th seed. And getting Ingram, Ball and Zu into the playoffs, even if it's a 4 game sweep with 20 point blowouts in each game at the hand of GS, would be invaluable.

2. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure they're prepared to do it, but if they do they should wait until next summer. I believe, just based off of what we've seen, the Lakers are going to give Randle another shot unless Indiana calls and asks for him. I don't believe Clarkson is getting that shot though. If the FO didn't want D'Angelo, I can't see how they'd want Clarkson. Clarkson's tunnel vision is atrocious and he's responsible for at least a couple of dents in the floor with how long he pounds the rock.

I think we see Clarkson moved for an expiring and hopefully a pick or two. I'd try to get that done and then when the time calls for it next summer, start offering up Deng + picks to move him. If he can't be moved, waive him as a last resort. We only free up 11-ish million as opposed to 18, but I'll take it.

LaVarBallsDad likes this.
  3. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Exactly. I agree. It is what it is, but let's explore all of our options and try not to get too impatient.

4. Savory Griddles

One issue I see with attaching Clarkson to Deng is the sheer amount of money we'd have to take back in expirings. Not many teams have 30 million in expirings, and if they do, they aren't likely to give up that big of a chunk of cap relief for Jordan Clarkson and a mystery pick in the distant future.

alam1108 likes this.
  5. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Chi for wade....they moved butler so they have plenty of space

6. Savory Griddles

But why? If you were Chicago, would you want to move the expiring contract of Wade for 3 years of Deng so you can have a 6th man (Clarkson) and a pick in 2019 at the earliest? A pick that could be a late first if the rumors of PG-13 to LA are true and we get another star? I mean, would you do that if you were a Bulls fan? It's sort of idiotic. We'd be TICKED if the Lakers did something like that. Chicago is a nice market too. After next season the only salaries they'll have are Robin Lopez, Dunn, Lavine and the kid they drafted this year. They'll also have a high pick next year. Why take on 3 ugly years of Deng? If they waive Lavine's rights and don't extend a qualifying offer, they will have close to 3 max slots available to play with Markkanen, Dunn and whoever they take with their high (ie tank) pick next year.

7. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Well they did give up their own pick to trade butler lol

8. therealdeal

Yeah I mean it's not like the Bulls FO is in high standing right now... We could always throw another pick in there too, maybe two 2nds. How badly do you want to keep Wade around? If he's got value, why not try to use it? I'm not saying it'd be easy to dump Deng, but that deal is not much different than what we just did with Brooklyn.

D'Angelo/Mozgov = Lopez (good player, expiring)/ 27th pick
    Clarkson/Deng/1st ??? Wade/Valentine

No? I at least make the offer. I know Clarkson is no D'Angelo, but they're also getting a 1st and we're not asking for a 1st back along with the expiring. I understand the Deng deal is the definition of an albatross, but I'm still going to try. :D

Weezy and alam1108 like this.
  9. LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life - Rookie -

Looking for shooters to maybe start with Zo if the Lakers don't get Paul or coming off the bench? Anybody wanna see one of these dudes in a Laker uniform come free agency in July?

Vince Carter
    Manu Ginobili
    J.J. Redick
    Jrue Holiday
    Kyle Lowry
    Jeff Teague
    George Hill
    Dion Waiters
    Tyreke Evans
    Kyle Korver
    Arron Afflalo
    C.J. Miles
    Darren Collison
    Anthony Morrow

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  10. SFGOLDRUSHER

SFGOLDRUSHER - Lakers Starter -

Master Optimist.
    You guys might be on to something with Wade...

The million dollar question is, do they hold on to Wade to start the season so their fan base doesn't COMPLETELY freak out, or you make the right choice and ship him out now to give your young guys the best possible chance of panning out and tanking low key as well.

I think Clark,Black,Brewer and two future seconds could get it done.
    I know some would want Deng throw in but that probably would involve dumping Randle and I don't do that for Wade at this point.

I want Collison, and I'd gladly take on Parker for a first... but honestly if we're planning on giving Ball 30+ minutes a game, would both guys really wanna come here?
    I'm cool with bringing back Calderon and having him work with Ball. Calderon is a first class, very smart and experienced player. Good shooter still, and to be honest with us he was playing some scrappy D. All we would need him for is 10 minutes. Let JC/Ingram play a lil PG for 10 minutes.

sirronstuff likes this.
  11. therealdeal

Once again the Houston Rockets are sellers during FA in order to try to lure someone (Chris Paul apparently). Once again, we should be the guys to help them do it.

Trevor Ariza- 7.4 million expiring
    Lou Williams- 7 million expiring
    Patrick Beverley- 5.5 million (one more season non-guaranteed)

We could absorb any of those deals with our cap space, technically Beverley and another piece. If they felt confident they've got someone on the way, let's be the people who take those contracts for picks again. Houston can't give up a 1st round pick next year, but we could get a couple 2nds or something out of them for helping them out.

12. KRL

KRL - Lakers 6th Man -

Yup mentioned this the other day if it's certain that we can't get PG then help Houston out as long as they don't get PG haha

Btw Lakers wouldn't be able to get Lou since we traded him within the past 12 months

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    abeer3 likes this.
  13. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

I like Beverely. Adds moxy to this team; a guy who could immediately come in and guard all the top flight PGs and shoot the 3-Ball well.

2-way ability and all...

SFGOLDRUSHER and ElginTheGreat like this.
  14. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

I'd see if we can help out Houston, we have been friendly trade partners as of late. I'd instantly take Beverley, he would be that vet point guard and he's no slouch defensively.

abeer3 likes this.
  15. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

I was thinking Beverley too.

LaVarBallsDad likes this.
  16. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Ariza is always welcome home.

alam1108, 432J, Barnstable and 6 others like this.
  17. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Gumby!!

Wonder if he's still his agent?

18. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'

Opted out of his player option, my FA pick for a large one year deal. Two former Pacers in one offseason. :Brows:

19. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Pg dont like miles, took last sec shot from him lol

20. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Also if we can get ariza n or beverly, i wouldnt mind resigning them as well

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.