2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

I want Klay Thompson so I'll speak it into existence. I think he's a much better fit than Lebron, Westbrook or George.

2. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I keep looking through names and coming back to Ramon Sessions.

He's got a team option for 6.27 million next season. I doubt it gets picked up, but that makes him either an expiring a Free Agent. He was hurt 30 games last year and has a lot to prove. He is a candidate for a "prove me" season to see if he can get one more contract elsewhere.

Another player in a similar position: Arron Afflalo.

He's a veteran who was worn down by the antic in Sacramento. They just waived him so he's a Free Agent. Good shooter still, especially out of the short corner. He's an excellent candidate for a "prove me" contract.

A very interesting dump candidate is Dwayne Wade. He's opting in to his big 20+ million deal in Chicago and they're clearly rebuilding. They may look to buy him out or trade him as a dump candidate. At his deal, we'd have to do some fancy maneuvering to make this work. Maybe you trade them Black/Deng/filler/protected 1st or something like that? If you can't dump Deng, then something else maybe to get the deal done, I don't know. I really don't know what they'd want. They're sort of unpredictable right now. I sincerely doubt they take on Deng, but if you include a pick or two maybe they do it. Wade and Lopez would be 50 million coming off the books by themselves. Wade gives you clout as well in FA. If you can impress him in his time here, he can spread the word around the league that we're really about competing.

Tony Parker is a somewhat interesting dump candidate. If the Spurs need to create space for Chris Paul, they may need to dump this expiring contract. I don't know where he'd fit, but if we could collect a 1st from them, it's a good deal. If not Tony, then maybe Manu Ginobili finds himself the odd-man out. Manu never struck me as the guy to fade away into the night, but he almost took 12 million from Philadelphia last year so it's not out of the question.

Other expirings: Wayne Ellington, Mike Dunleavey, CJ Watson, Jameer Nelson, Devin Harris, Leandro Barbosa.
    Other Free Agents: Brandon Jennings, Langston Galloway, Sergio Rodriguez, Shelvin Mack, Aaron Brooks, Raymond Felton, Tyler Ennis, Jose Calderon, Beno Udrih, Norris Cole, Greivis Vasquez, Toney Douglas, Brian Roberts, Ronnie Price, Bobby Brown, Ty Lawson, Deron Williams, Darren Collison, Kyle Korver, Tony Allen, Tyreke Evans, Thabo Sefolosha, Justin Holiday, Rodney Stuckey, Ian Clarke, Jason Terry, Anthony Morrow, Jodie Meeks, Brandon Rush, Randy Foye, Wayne Selden, James Young, DeAndre Liggins, Edwin Jackson, Dahntay Jones, Sasha Vujacic, PJ Tucker, James Jones, CJ Miles, Gerald Green, Matt Barnes, Alan Anderson.

3. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

I'd rather have LeBron or George, but I highly doubt Westbrook is leaving after he is offered that massive extension next year.

4. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Now this we agree on. Holding out hope he decides he wants to have a larger role with us than stick with the Warriors.

Barnstable, Weezy and tada like this.
  5. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

I'm hoping both Klay and Draymond leave. Don't even care where, but it's absurd to have 4 of the top probably 15 players in the league on one time.

I'm fine with Steph and KD on the same team after all the Lakers had a better duo in their prime in Shaq and Kobe, but having two additional All Stars and somehow still having terrific sixth men like Livingston and Iggy is insane.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  6. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Yeah. At some point someone in that camp is going to bounce.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    sirronstuff, gcclaker and Lakers2015 like this.
  7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Shelvin Mack, Raymond Felton, Tyler Ennis, Greivis Vasquez, Darren Collison, Thabo Sefolosha, Justin Holiday, Ian Clarke, Jason Terry, Jodie Meeks, Brandon Rush, Randy Foye, James Young, DeAndre Liggins, CJ Miles, Alan Anderson.

any of these would interest me at low cost. some of the vets might be had on one-year deals (like collison or felton).

8. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

If Magic and Rob can dump Deng for Wade, instant executive of the year. You'd have to try and hope the confused Bulls take it. I'd dangle JC and multiple picks to them too.

sirronstuff, Juronimo and lakerjones like this.
  9. JLaker17

JLaker17 - Lakers Starter -

I'd take Wade in a heart beat. Could help us in the future too...

10. therealdeal

Deng, Clarkson, future 1st for Wade would be probably my limit. I'm not sure I want to give up multiple 1sts for a guy who ultimately is an expiring... maybe you take back a guy who doesn't look like he's a future fit like Denzel Valentine.

I'm not sure if there's a great fit in a trade there, but it's worth exploring for sure.

11. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Deng is the ultimate prize for a team in their 1st year of a rebuild. 10 losses guaranteed to help the tank.

gcclaker and lakerjones like this.
  12. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

10 if he doesn't play...double it if he does.

tada likes this.
  13. gcclaker

Wade is intriguing as he would take the pressure off whoever is on the floor by his mere presence and clutch ability. No one else jumps out at me from the list. Parker would curtail Ball's progression. Ginobili is good for one game out of ten now even that is way below to what we are used to witnessing. Sefolosha and Allen would be attractive but we have Nwada who I want to be given a hard look. Plus what is Brewer's (whom I like) status?

14. therealdeal

Corey is an expiring contract this upcoming season.

Wade definitely interests me. I think he'd be a great fit as a productive veteran at a position we need. He takes pressure off of our guys and he brings winning. I used to hate Wade, but I like him more in his old age.

I think Ginobili serves a similar function that Wade would. He'd eat up the remaining cash we have and whatever he gives us is gravy, but he adds gravitas to our young team. Sefolosha and Allen definitely would be less than inspiring. I'm still looking closely at Sessions and at Afflalo.

15. gcclaker

Sessions could be a good fit to lead the second unit and is an upgrade over Ennis. Wade over Ginobili for me. Afflalo I'd take too but he has to take someone's spot and that could be Clarkson. Clarkson could thrive more this upcoming season as a projected starter provided he isn't dealt though he seems to have reached his ceiling. Between Clarkson and Hart...I'd take the latter seven days a week and twice on Sundays.

Starters:
    1 - Ball
    2 - Wade (Clarkson)
    3 - Ingram
    4 - Randle
    5 - Lopez

2nd unit:
    1 - Ennis (Sessions)
    2 - Hart
    3 - Dozier (?)
    4 - Nance
    5 - Zubac

We have a glut at the 4. Randle...Nance...Black...Kuzma (if he sticks).

therealdeal likes this.
  16. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Wade isn't a bad option. I like the idea...

therealdeal and LTLakerFan like this.
  17. therealdeal

I'm honestly already planning like Clarkson is off the team... All the social media stuff with him removing anything Laker related, Magic's insistence on high character new guys, Hart being drafted, Pelinka saying we're looking for guys who aren't ball stoppers... If he's still on the team, then the plans somewhat change. I think ultimately though if he's on the team, ideally he's still a bench player.

If we could pull off a trade where we send out Clarkson/1st(s)/Deng/other stuff for Wade/Canaan/Valentine...

Ball/Canaan
    Wade/Hart/Valentine
    Ingram/Brewer/Nwaba
    Randle/Nance Jr./Kuzma
    Lopez/Zubac/Black/Bryant

At the deadline trade Randle for a pick after he regains value (or keep him if he finally realizes his value)... Lopez, Brewer, Wade all go in the summer or re-sign for cheap to team up with LeBron and George. That team is a 38+ win team? Something like that.

It'd be tough to find a way to dump Deng, but I'm loving the feeling of not having that contract around. It's sort of a give and take with trading for Wade when he's an expiring while giving up assets. I mean, D'Angelo + Mozgov = Lopez + a late 1st. Clarkson is worth less than D'Angelo by a good margin, but we're not asking for a pick back, we're giving a pick out. Does eating Deng's contract equal a 6th man and a future 1st round pick? With some other young assets? Because Wade is definitely superfluous right now for them anyway. I'd have to run it by a Bulls fan. They may ask for more to swallow that, but Deng was at his best in Chicago.

alam1108 and LaVarBallsDad like this.
  18. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

I'd try any takers for Deng; my thinking is they already have, and there is no market for him. I'm already thinking we might have to stretch and waive him...

19. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

If we can get pg this season, i say forget 18' n pitch Hayward

20. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

As for deng, per realdeal idea....deng/1 future unprotected 1st/1 lotto protected 1st/jc for wade.....we get a "star" to take sg role for now n dump jc/dung

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.