Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports Discussion' started by SR05, Oct 8, 2014.

1. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I love John Brown this year, he definitely reminds me of TY Hilton. I think he's a little more physical and not quite as shifty, but he's got great speed, good hands, and can break for a TD any time he has the ball.

Sanders did great for me last year and finished as the 8th overall WR in fantasy. This year he's my FLEX along with Melvin Gordon which should do fine most of the time. I know he's got Payton and I know they're going to focus on running more, but there's only two legit passing options on that team now: DeMaryius and Emmanuel. He'll get some looks this year.

It's a keeper league so I traded for Lacy, drafted Luck in the first year, and picked up Jeremy in the Rookie Draft last year. I'm keeping White because it's a keeper league so we'll see what happens. I'm definitely stoked about this team though. I think AJ is a WR1, but I need him to stay healthy and prove it. I focused hard on my depth this year man. Last year I had a couple of unlucky games and some injury problems and ended up losing in the Finals.

2. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

Jesus you robbed that draft. Especially a 12 team league. Lol that's not even fair.

therealdeal likes this.
  3. therealdeal

There's two teams that are really close in preseason power:

Team 1:
    Brees
    McCoy/ Ingram /Randle /DMC/ Khiry and Denard Robinson/ McKinnon/ Boom Herron
    Dez/ Demaryius/ Antonio Brown/ Hopkins
    Dwayne Allen
    Prater

Team 2:
    Rivers
    Peterson/ Charles/J Stewart/ Vereen/ Gurley/ Kniles Davis/ TJ Yeldon/ Cobb/ Artis-Payne
    Odell Beckham Jr./ Alshon/ Jarvis Landry
    Eifert
    Parkey

4. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Had the draft in my primary league last night. Talk about a f***ing s*** show. Lynch at 2, ODB at 5, CJ at 10...and that's just the first round. Needless to say my draft strategy was shot.

Cam/Palmer
    Ingram/Hyde/Foster/Murray
    Julio/AJ/Maclin/M. Bryant/Agholor/A. Robinson/Funchess
    Walker
    Lions
    Bailey

The QB run was ridiculous, hate my QBs.. Love my receivers, though. A little light at RB, but I'm betting heavy on Foster being back by month's end.

5. lakerfan2

Picked 4th - 10 team league

QB: Rivers
    WR: Cobb/A. Johnson/J. Landry
    RB: Charles/Ivory
    TE: Graham
    K: Bailey
    DEF: BAL

BN: L. Blount, John Brown, D. McFadden, E. Royal, J. Cutler

There are a couple teams who drafted better than me. I'm banking on Cobb beasting as the number one option and Ivory taking off. And Graham needs to perform like he did last year.

6. therealdeal

I'm not all that high on graham. I'd try to trade him for a better RB2 and then pickup someone like Eifert or Rudolph. I like the WRs. I expect Johnson and Landry to have strong years and while I don't think Cobb's value increases much without Nelson, I think he's a strong WR1.

lakerfan2 likes this.
  7. lakerfan2

Tempted to start John Brown over Andre Johnson on match ups.

8. therealdeal

Kind of a risky move. Do you need a homerun at that position? Typically in Week One I play it safer until I get a better feel for who is doing what.

Floyd is back earlier than anticipated, Fitz is still around, that makes Brown the de facto #3 WR out there with Palmer throwing him the ball? Andre might be old, but I like any receiver who has Luck throwing to them.

9. lakerfan2

I'm most likely going with Johnson, just getting my fantasy juices gears goin and thinking.

Johnson's matchup this week with top pass protection defense like Buffalo is my only concern. JB is going up against a NO defense without some of their top secondary. Him and Palmer had a decent season last year and did well in preseason.

10. therealdeal

I agree and I think there's a shot JB has a big first week here, but typically I don't take those chances early in the year. Just a personal thing. I'm the guy who says "I drafted this guy in this round, let's see if he'll live up to the standards". If he doesn't, I start looking in other directions.

11. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Just came in here to say f*** you Gronk and a Brady. My opponent put up 54 last night because of those two.

12. lakerfan2

Yeah, Gronk put 27 on me. WTF.

13. therealdeal

Damn guys that sucks. Can't account for three TDs and a fumble recovery...

14. lakerfan2

Managed a solid weekend thanks to Chris Ivory. He's going to be a lock at RB2 behind Charles. Being a Charger fan, a fully knowing what Rivers is capable of (choking, which he did in the first half), he is still a great fantasy QB that goes under the radar.

Cobb was covered constantly and James Jones was the beneficiary of that, but still had a nice TD catch late. Jarvis Landry looked great. Buffalo gave Luck the full Monty and Andre Johnson suffered as expected.

Seattle is still learning how to use Graham, and when they do, I think he'll start getting a lot more targets. They should just watch videos of Brady/Gronk in the red zone. Good first game with a TD though.

15. therealdeal

Don't forget John Brown on your bench! Lit it up early and then was covered a lot more late. He's going to have a really good season.

For my squad:
    Luck- Disappointing. He was off and his line was atrocious. Penalties killed them and it all went downhill from there. Might be missing TY for a bit too...
    Lacy- Solid
    Hill- Solid
    AJ Green- Disappointing. Dropped a sure TD and only one big reception. He'll improve, but he had a weak Oakland secondary and didn't capitalize. Has me worried.
    Hilton- Hurt, but the volume was fantastic. If the knee turns out not to be that bad, his ceiling is through the roof this year.
    Olsen- Cam either couldn't or didn't look his way much... Has me very worried.
    Sanders- pretty good volume of looks, but no big plays. Disappointing output, but fairly bright season.
    Bernard- Solid Flex as always with RB2 upside.
    Gordon- looked solid, but Woodhead's role is a little concerning. Flex for now.
    John Brown- Looked really good.
    Woodhead- Inexplicable goal line work, but looks like a good Flex with RB2 upside as the Chargers rely on their passing game.
    Wheaton- a few drops and a lackluster effort, but the volume should be there short term.
    Stevie Johnson- might be this season's Emmanuel Sanders if he stays healthy. Has a great role on this team. WR2 upside.

16. lakerfan2

Oh I definitely didn't. I'm leaning to switch him out for Andre Johnson with the favorable matchup against the Bears secondary. I hope Blount can make some noise for NE so I can have him as a streamer for those byes.

I'll be dropping Royal, McFadden, and Cutler real quick. I'm gonna try to lock up James Jones, Mariota, and another TE.

17. therealdeal

Mariota is a good bet although I definitely expect quite a bit of regression from him. Jones should be a good FLEX play as long as he's healthy.

There's plenty of pretty good TEs out there. This could very well be the year of TEs... Huge, athletic targets in the End Zone? Sounds good to me.

18. lakerfan2

Charles with the 2 lost fumbles for me. Uff.

Those last 2 minutes of that game were VERY shady.

19. therealdeal

Shady? How so?

And it's crazy that Charles had such a good game that even after the fumbles in my league he had almost 15 fantasy points. That's a solid fantasy output.

20. lakerfan2

Yeah, he had 14 pts for me which is still good, but those 2 fumbles cost me 3 pts in a tough matchup this week. The first fumble was on the DEN 5 yard line which could have been a touchdown as well. He could have had a 20pt week.

It was just weird how it all played out. I know Peyton is Peyton and he's pretty clutch, but after KC was just stifling Manning all game, he just walks down the field with a couple nice plays to Thomas who had a pretty lowly game up until then with the good coverage on him. Then, that holding call on 3rd and 10 that gave them an auto first down. They were bound to score.

Then, KC decides to run the ball instead of playing it safe with a kneel for overtime. I don't know what they were trying to achieve with 27 seconds left. And they end up fumbling the ball.