Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports Discussion' started by SR05, Oct 8, 2014.

1. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I didn't just lose in the Championship I was dominated. It was embarrassing... *sigh*

There's always next year... Especially in a Dynasty league.

2. therealdeal

Stick with your starters.

3. SR05

SR05 - Rookie -

so over fantasy right now. im going into week 2 of the championship but my opponent colluded with 2 other owners to fill out his roster. still have a shot at winning but that really pissed me off and kinda ruined the fun of it

4. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Bump...it's getting close.

Just started my research and mock drafts since we just found out where we're drafting. We took the Wonderlic test and the scores were randomly matched with the participants.

Drafting 8th in a 10 man league. We're trying it out as a keeper league this year which will likely result in my going WR/WR in rounds 1/2. Typically field the most balanced roster that way (based on the mocks I've been doing) and with Dez and OBJ, have the spot on lock for years.

5. therealdeal

Drafting 8th I might go Dez/Luck if he's there, but it depends on the kind of league you're in.

In my Dynasty League I killed two years of rookie drafts. I have Luck, Lacy, J. Hill & Bernard, AJ Green, Kelvin Benjamin, Melvin Gordon, AND Kevin White. My future is bright as all hell. I'm going to have to pick between Benjamin and Hill this summer probly but I'm in good position to have a great team for a long time.

6. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Luck is a beast. There's Rodgers, Luck, then everyone else. I never like to try to plan a draft, but I do like to have scenarios lined up based on various outcomes so you're not scrambling when you're on the clock.

I've had a much more difficult team making a balanced roster when going with Luck or Rodgers that early. Either way you're gambling and hoping on rbs to pan out, a lot of 2nd rounders and rookies. But at QB, I feel like I can put a better product together by waiting for Wilson (Graham will do wonders for him), Ryan (easiest schedule out there, better OC for him), or Big Ben (tough schedule but ridiculous options, including one of my must haves -- Bryant...poised for a monster year).

7. therealdeal

True enough. When I was mock drafting (we're doing a side league for fun) I went that route. Unfortunately I usually ended up being shortchanged on RBs. You're right in that zone where the RBs will go before you, but the ones after you aren't worth reaching for. You should have a great WR core though.

8. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Damn you for last night Abdullah, now he's jumped a full round.

therealdeal likes this.
  9. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Benjamin and Jordy both done for the year. Yikes, both injuries factor heavily with the rest of their respective teams for better or worse.

10. therealdeal

I had Benjamin in a keeper league. Brutal man.

Jordy out probably means slightly better things for my guy Lacy though.

11. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Adams is shooting up to rounds 5-7, which is absurd I think. Rodgers is no longer the top QB, it's Luck or wait. Cobb should be a slightly better prospect.

I'm a big fan of Benjamin. Drafted him last year, he's a beast. If he had an accurate QB, he'd be so lethal. Cam is going to have to go Superman every week, which I wouldn't count on from a fantasy perspective and I love as a Falcons fan. It's now Olsen or bust for their receiving game. And I have no confidence is Stewart as a feature back.

12. therealdeal

Yeah I feel about the same. Benjamin has some hands problems but he's such a legit athletic specimen. That of course is the problem now: ACL off a non contact move? I don't know what he'll look like moving forward now.

Adams will be good this year as long as Rodgers is there. I think Cobb is still the dude there but Adams should be a solid flex now instead of a flyer.

As an Olsen owner I'm nervously excited about the potential there now.

13. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Had my first of three drafts tonight. This one was a 14 team league (...I know)

Bridgewater/Carr
    Cobb/Bryant/Watkins/Marvin Jones/Cecil/Hurns
    Hill/Murray/Martin/Ajayi/Bradshaw
    JT
    KC
    Parkey

14. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Is there anything to do in Pittsburgh that doesn't involve drugs? What the f*** Bryant?! Not only did I already draft him in one league, I was planning on targeting him in the other ones. 4 game suspension!? Way to go, dummy!

15. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    12 team league, 9th pick in a snake draft

QB: Andrew Luck
    RB: Demarco Murray
    RB: Lamar Miller
    WR: Jeremy Maclin
    WR: Vincent Jackson
    TE: Owen Daniels
    Flex: Ryan Mathews
    D/ST: Patriots
    K: Steven Hauschka
    B: Legarette Blount
    B: John Brown
    B: Nelson Agholor
    B: Ladarius Green
    B: Joe Flacco

therealdeal likes this.
  16. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

My draft is tonight and Tom Brady is back on the table and Gronk and Edelman's stock rises. ;)

therealdeal likes this.
  17. therealdeal

I'm staying away from Edelman. How long do you think he lasts before he's concussed? Over/under set at 5 or 6 minutes. I like his talent and his role, but I don't want to be sweating it out watching that guy's health. There's other good options available around the same ADP.

Nice lineup @Helljumper . I'm not into Green anymore, but he's got talent and opportunity.

18. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    Yeah, he was a reach later in the draft. I'm a Chargers fan so I know first hand all the hype and disappointment around him. But I decided to go with a more established TE early and then gamble on him, rather than taking Gates and putting up with his 4 game suspension. I would like nothing more than for Gates to come back strong, since he had a good year last season. But I think there is at least a chance that we give Green a big chance early on and he impresses so much that he stays in the rotation even after Gates suspension.

19. therealdeal

Yeah fair enough. Green just hasn't shown much urgency out there despite his talent.

In my 12 team league I scooped up Stevie Johnson and Markus Wheaton. My roster now stands at:

Andrew Luck
    Eddie Lacy/ Jeremy Hill/ Giovani Bernard/ Melvin Gordon/ Danny Woodhead
    AJ Green/ TY Hilton/ Emmanuel Sanders/ John Brown/ Anquan Boldin/ Stevie Johnson/ Markus Wheaton/ Kevin White
    Greg Olsen
    IDP players you guys probably don't care about
    Dan Bailey

20. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

I'm very high on Hill and John Brown (the next TY Hilton? ) this year.

Not high on Sanders and White because their QBs have f***ed me every chance they get. Honestly this year, I'm not touching a bronco in any of my leagues. They're becoming more dependent on the run, which hurts their passing game and Peyton likes to spread the wealth to multiple receivers. Very frustrating, I had sanders last year and for a stretch there, he was a top 3 WR. They have so many RBs that I think Anderson is overrated right now. And the fact that Manning can't feel his finger tips any longer is troubling. White scared me off just cause of injuries and the Cutlet (a defensive back's dream).

Impressive that you landed 3 first rounders -- Luck, Hill, Lacy.