Draft Thread 2018: LA Has The #25 & #47 Overall Picks... And #39 Now

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Please no!

Weezy likes this.
  2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

had allen not repeatedly tripped people (which is totally bizarre and worthy of concern), he'd probably hyped late lotto, tbh.

but man, if he joined the lakers...the hate...

3. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

lakers get hated on even when theyre bottom dwellers lol

4. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Where was Kuzma projected last summer again?

5. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    I thought he was late 1st Round to early 2nd Round projected.

Lakeshow85 and abeer3 like this.
  6. therealdeal

Yep. Just like many of the kids they're working out now. @abeer3 is claiming there's some proof they're moving back. There's very little, if any, proof of that. They've worked out a vast majority of kids that are unlikely to be drafted just like they did last year.

They're also working out a number of kids that could be late 1sts/early 2nds. Which fits right into their 25-47 range.

7. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Draftnet got both kuz n bryant right on their mocks last yr to us albiet both were at pick 25 at various pts

Lakeshow85 and abeer3 like this.
  8. therealdeal

Kuzma floated around for a long time with them. He was a 2nd rounder for most of the season. He moved up as the Combine kicked off and he gained a ton of attention from teams.

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  9. therealdeal

Rawle Alkins- G, 6'4", Arizona, Sophomore. I've got to be honest, I like him a lot. He really struggled his first game at the Combine, but was electric in his second with 17 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, and 5 blocks. Just an okay shooter by the numbers, but a workable jumper. Highly competitive with average tools. This is the kind of guy I could see us trading back for @abeer3 . This draft is full of role player wings which is something we actually could use at that backup SF spot.

Brandon McCoy- C, 7', UNLV, Freshman. He came into the season as one of the most highly touted big man prospects around up there with the likes of Mitchell Robinson, DeAndre Ayton, and Wendell Carter. He put up a very solid 17/10 with 1.8 blocks per game. He was solidly efficient as well and tried to flash a jumper that likely needs to be reworked. He hung 30/10 on presumed #1 pick DeAndre Ayton. However, he was hysterically selfish, lazy, and turnover prone. He had just 17 assists to 87 turnovers and his effort was wildly inconsistent, especially defensively. There are massive questions about his drive and desire to actually play, but he is fairly talented and if you can rework his brain chemistry, he could be a great find in the 2nd round.

Angel Delgado, C, 6'9", Seton Hall, Senior. There's times watching Delgado that I'm reminded a bit of college Julius Randle. He's an undersized guy that plays mostly in the post. He's not overly athletic, but he's crafty around the rim. He plays with great intensity and while his assist/turnover ratio isn't great, he averaged 2.8 assists so he has the ability to move the ball. He has a mid-range jumper that works pretty well, but shown nothing from distance. The reality is, he's probably too small for the NBA given his game. He'd make an excellent G-Leaguer or overseas player.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    Lakeshow85 likes this.
  10. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

McCoy criticism and positives sounds like Drummond durng his draft

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  11. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

@therealdeal...didn't you earlier post vids of McCoy? I recall he looked ungainly and stiff at times.

12. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

lol, ok. i mean, the fact that your own stats showed that like, 15% of guys worked out are projected as 1st rounders is completely uninteresting...

13. therealdeal

And even less percentage of 2nd rounders. Their ratio makes 100% sense for the position they're in considering their 1st is so late. Their workout schedule looks very similar to what they did last season. There's no evidence in the numbers that they're actively trying to move back.

14. therealdeal

I can't recall, but I wouldn't be surprised. He's upright a lot and runs stiff and slow at times. He'll have to impress in workouts to move up and from what I'm seeing in mocks this close to the draft, he hasn't been very impressive.

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  15. therealdeal

Drummond is a better physical specimen. McCoy is taller and probably longer (I haven't checked), but Drummond is physically much smoother, stronger, and more explosive. Drummond ended up in the Lottery (Top 10?) I believe. McCoy will almost certainly miss the 1st round.

16. therealdeal

Jeffery Carroll, G, 6'6", Oklahoma St., Senior. Carroll is a solid wing. He scored 15/6 with 1.8 assists (and 1.9 turnovers) per game as a senior which were a tick down from his junior year. He's got some shooting ability, but his shot is a little long to load up, might need tweaking. His defensive numbers don't jump off the page, but he's got solid tools. Could be a G-League candidate, I'd be surprised if he were drafted.

Kendrick Nunn, G, 6'3", Oakland, Senior. He spent theee pretty good years in the Big Ten with Illinois, then transferred to Oakland where he blew the lid off. He played over 37 minutes per game and averaged over 26 points. He took an astounding 11 threes a game and hit 39% of them. He is an above average ball handler which he really needs because he's not overly explosive. He's a neat find and would be an interesting 2nd rounder, but most likely a G-Leaguer. He looks bigger than 6'3" but it's possible the Horizon League makes him look bigger.

Kelan Martin, G/F, 6'6", Butler, Senior. He's listed at 216 lbs., but I very much doubt that. Not a tremendous ball handler, but can straight line dive. Not a great leaper, not a great shooter, and not the quickest guy either. He's an all-around player but I'm just not sure what he brings that any dozen other kids can't also bring.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  17. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

Allen seems more like a Boston Pick.

18. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    I guess this is kind of good news for us because if teams are scared of this he could fall a little

Bummer though because he'll definitely miss Summer League for whatever team drafts him.

therealdeal likes this.
  19. therealdeal

Hmmm...

Just speculation, but he wouldn't get this surgery unless he was promised something right? Why take the chance of hurting his draft stock?...

20. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    I'm not sure but I'm more curious as to when this happened. Was this injury recent, did he hurt it in a workout?

It had to have been recent because he had been doing workouts with others teams in the last week or so...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.