Dodger Talk

Discussion in 'Other Sports Discussion' started by TIME, Oct 1, 2014.

1. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

I trust our bats a lot more but I have no faith in our patchwork pitching.

2. Bryant

Bryant - Rookie -

:Laugh:

What a way to lose today's game, Chargois gives up a 3 run walkoff HR.

Roberts should've given Alexander the chance to be the closer versus taking him out due to Arenado hitting a HR off of him earlier in the seasson. He then ironically leaves Chargois in against Mcmahon, who torched the team yesterday (and Chargois also has given up a .982 OPS against lefties).

Roberts needs to reduce overmanaging the bullpen and playing matchups, it's going to cost us more games. His matchups also extend to left and right handed pitchers, there's no reason Austin Barnes should start anymore, he's a guaranteed out. At least the D-Backs lost again.

therealdeal likes this.
  3. therealdeal

Top Poster Of Month

He makes a lot of mistakes actually. I'm not a huge Roberts fan. I like him, but he's not great.

4. Jaguar

Jaguar - Lakers 6th Man -

I think it will be his last go around if they don’t get a chip this year. It look so like he makes too many moves during a game. That is fun to watch for strategy talk, but it gives more to criticize if you don’t get the results.

5. Bryant

Bryant - Rookie -

Oh dear, now Floro chokes and walks the batter with the bases loaded in the bottom of the 9th inning.

Kenta as closer can't come soon enough. It's time to bench Kemp and let Verdugo start regularly.

I doubt they will fire Doc considering everything that's happened so far. Extremely poor start at the beginning of the season coupled with injuries has turned this team from a extremely good team to a just a decent team. He also follows their computer metrics or whatever very well.

The FO deserves blame for not getting a premium reliever at the non waiver trade deadline.

I don't have faith that we'll have a deep playoff run again (if any), but anything can happen in baseball. It's a bad patch right now, but all it takes is a hot streak at the right time and this team definitely has the talent to do so.

Jaguar likes this.
  6. therealdeal

Top Poster Of Month

They're fine and I'm not going to make any major batting changes yet. You're going to go through cold streaks.

All it takes is a hot series and they're back feeling good again.

This season was always going to be a patch over until next. They set the tone by demanding to stay under the luxury tax. Whatever happens is all cherry on top and they've put themselves in a great position for a deep playoff run. There's not a ton of great NL teams right now that I'm particularly worried about.

They definitely needed the bullpen change though. Sucks for Maeda and Stripling, but we need it.

7. Bryant

Bryant - Rookie -

Update with Kenley:

Jaguar likes this.