Dodger Talk

Discussion in 'Other Sports Discussion' started by TIME, Oct 1, 2014.

1. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

They've made the playoffs 4 years in a row, so we're about a month before they choke. :D

This is by far the best team they've had. The talent from top to bottom is truly amazing. Their problem right now is that they've lost focus. All their callups and some injuries have just nuked their chemistry. Ethier and Gonzalez probably shouldn't be there anymore.

2. Bryant

Bryant - Lakers 6th Man -

And we decided to keep playing Pedro Baez to help them! Him and Forsythe have been terrible lately.

3. therealdeal

Forsythe can at least give good at bats even if they don't pan out, but Baez is playing himself off the roster. I'm done with that f***er. I've never liked him and this is just all the proof I need of his ineptitude.

puffyusaf#2 likes this.
  4. puffyusaf#2

puffyusaf#2 - Lakers Starter -

Author of "Just a Thought"
    ugh... Finally get to sit and watch the game and have to listen to the DBack announcers. WTF. These dudes are painful to me. We could really use a damn win and to go on a good 5 game run

5. puffyusaf#2

Baez is, as real just said, working himself off the playoff roster. Forsythe has value and has shown he can make plays. I think it is more about finding who the quality backup guys are going to be right now. either way, with all the losses it is easy to start to question it all.

Bryant likes this.
  6. Bryant

I do agree with you guys that Forsythe has value, but it's just frustrating to see him be awful when there's RISP. I think pitchers are figuring Forsythe out a bit since he has the tendency to be patient and not swing at the first couple of pitches. They're throwing more strikes early, putting him in a hole earlier.

We should have Forysthe against lefties and Utley against righties.

7. puffyusaf#2

If pitchers are figuring him out then it is about his adjustment to that which is doable. I love Chase I'd play him whenever possible especially in clutch moments.

Off topic, the Douchback announcers said word out of Dodger camp is Agons back might be worse than it was before and he might not even be on the playoff roster. Take that with a grain of salt of course but it is an interesting dynamic if true. It definitely answers the does he play thing. I'd hope to see him in for late game pinch hitter duties.

8. therealdeal

I'm losing patience with this team. Where did the pride go?

9. puffyusaf#2

I don't think its lack of pride. I watched the game yesterday and thought like the last couple we have had the opportunities to get into games and to win games. Its more as a horrible slump we are in right now. I mean Kershaw didn't last 4 innings tonight. 86 pitches and 4 runs. I am banging my head too but still keeping the faith that we are hitting our horrible hitting, pitching and fielding time right now as opposed to the the playoffs as we have done the last few playoffs. It would be nice to start with a win against the Rockies tonight. Down 4 with a lot of game left/

10. puffyusaf#2

announcers just said that we are finally putting back our lineup with Turner, taylor, seagar and bellinger in tomorrows game. finally time to put our bats back together. I feel like its Lakers season again right now with all these losses.

11. puffyusaf#2

the good from tonight is we have seen some guys actually tattoo the ball tonight. Still hitting em at people but a couple line drive doubles have looked great. Still not enough but that is a good sign

12. therealdeal

When you lose this many and the bats are this cold, pride has to come into the equation. There's got to be some level of competing here. They make defensive mistakes, the pitchers are getting hit, and we're getting no-hit going into the 4th and 5th inning on a semi-regular basis.

Having Kershaw get beat up is my first real worry. Now if the bats are still quiet tonight, I'm going to really start panicking. Right now it's a bad stretch and a bad slump, but there still needs to be someone willing to lift this team up. Someone sick of losing.

puffyusaf#2 likes this.
  13. puffyusaf#2

I get the pride angle I am just not sold they aren't out there pushing. Actually that may be the big problem they are pushing too hard (some of them). They are trying to steal bases and getting thrown out. Thats being aggressive. I think when you know you are much better than this and yet nothing is working it becomes a bigger problem. The only persons whose bat I didn't reallly like all night was Grandal. He seems to be off big time. I also think these boys need to be more aggressive at the plate. I've seen them get knocked off balance with some, as Oral said, "generously low strikes". Getting behind in the count has not helped us at all. Add to that I believe we have had at least one error in every game of this losing streak. all bad! We going to have to do it on a horrible road trip heading east too.

That could be good or bad for us. If we don't start playing well it could drag us back to the pack. If we do it could solidify us overall because it will be on the road starting in a very hard place to play San Fran. we will see how it goes that is for sure

Bryant and therealdeal like this.
  14. therealdeal

You're right about pushing too hard, but to me that's not where the pride is at. To me the pride is in the at-bats and while these are decent at-bats, they're not winning at-bats and that's what we had all year long. Turner looks uncomfortable up there arguing every pitch, Granderson is just... not good right now at all. He's not hitting, but he won't walk either, he just gets struck out. Taylor is too aggressive on the bases. Grandal is a horrible hitter right now.

Bellinger and Puig are our only consistently solid at-bats every night. Everyone else is doing something weird. GET ON THE SAME PAGE!

You're right about being aggressive early. When's the last time we went out and hung 3 runs in the first inning or two and didn't look back? Feels like forever. With Seager back now and Darvish on the mound, we've got no more excuses. Let's get a damn win and let's get a loud one.

puffyusaf#2 likes this.
  15. Bryant

It's looking good so far today guys! :Noddingyes:

16. puffyusaf#2

Games not on but we def looking better offensively but trailing again. Just saw the Justin Turner at bat where the pitcher quick pitched him 4 straight pitches to strike him out. JT was pissed and watching the dozen or so replays I can understand 3 were balks. Even so, I think after the 2nd one JT has to step out and realize the ump aint calling it and make the adjustment. RISP left again. Going late into the game we need a damn win.

17. Bryant

Another loss....feels like we're watching the Byron-era Lakers in baseball form. The trades have not worked out for us so far.

puffyusaf#2 likes this.
  18. puffyusaf#2

That was our best game in awhile. Still think the small bounces are still against us. DBacks score all their runs on a misplayed dive then two hits oppo line shots. Still frustrating watching this ship fill with water.

19. therealdeal

I'm officially worried.

The team forgot how to win. We jumped out early, things were looking great, and then all of a sudden there's errors galore and we lose everything. Darvish was credited with 5 runs which I think is total bulls***. Granderson and Pederson f*** up the outfield and suddenly we're down. You could say Darvish shouldn't put them in that position, but they have to make plays. When we were winning, the guys were making plays. Now? Now everything goes against us.

This is bad. When Kershaw and Darvish can't get us the win, we're in a lot of trouble.

puffyusaf#2 likes this.
  20. puffyusaf#2

I am officially worried too. It seems like we can't get out of that losing mentality right now. We are costing ourselves games. Like you (real) said making mistakes in the field cost us last night. I didn't see today's game but looking at us being down again 5-4 going into the 9th.

I still think we have the best team in the game. That hasn't changed talent wise. We are playing like the worst though and that is what matters. We only need to put a couple wins in a row to get it back but right now I can't see even that happening at present. frustration indeed.