Colin Cowherd Is Leaving ESPN

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by thkthebest, Jul 16, 2015.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    I'm probably deficient enough in deep understanding to not notice lol.

2. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    yeah I know why we called it BSPN back in CL because of all the pure and evil hatred of Kobe and the Lakers. Just could never understand what it meant but thanks everyone for clearing that up

3. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Good riddance, one less thing to change the channel because of if you see it on. Cowherd is a clown, plays devil's advocate and says crazy stuff to annoy people and get ratings, and he's all around an a**, maybe even a pompous a**. The other day I happened to stop on his show on TV because it was some topic that interested me, and some guy from what sounded like Texas or maybe the south (based on his accent) called in. The guy was well spoken enough, if a little angered, and made a fine point. Cowherd told him he didn't know what he was talking about, yelled his own point (which was what I just said, he didn't have one) over the guy, hung up on him, and then mocked his accent right after that in a way to make him sound like he was a dumb redneck, country bumpkin, however you wanna say it. As if the callers point was less valid because of his accent. Yeah, all people that speak like that are dumb, there's no doctors, lawyers, detectives, college professors, etc in those places. Again, Cowherd is a clown, an a**, and doesn't deserve to have his opinions heard by anyone, how he got a show is beyond me.

alam1108, TIME and lakerjones like this.
  4. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Cowherd got fired today for saying "baseball isn't difficult. GMs can manage. It's not a difficult sport. 1/3 of the players come from the Dominican Republic."

Of course, that set off a firestorm.

5. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    I actually caught the part where he defended himself, and the whole comment in context. It was overblown, but still not the best choice to single out any country.

However, since he's leaving anyways, they don't really lose anything and probably get positive press for his leaving that was inevitable anyways.

Unfortunately I don't really give ESPN any credit for this decision.

John3:16 likes this.
  6. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Cowturd was all over the place today. He went on a whole thing about how esports isn't really a sport and he kept playing a sound clip over and over again and asked if that sounded like sports. And then after the commercial break he kept telling the listeners to stop calling in and ask him, based on his list of qualifications, if astronauts are considered athletes, if telephone pole workers are.

It really was comedy on my morning drive.

7. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I didn't understand his multi-million dollar offer from FOX before. If I were FOX I'd pull it now.

He doesn't draw great ratings, he makes inflammatory comments on purpose, FOX should count their blessings now and just cut him. Waive his contract. I'm sure there's a misconduct policy their lawyers can law about.

8. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I called him a clown and an a** on Tuesday, and he further proved it today. He tweets that his poor choice of words in no way reflects who he is a person. I think his words perfectly reflect who he is as a person, a scumbag. Your words and actions prove who you are as a person, whether he's putting on some radio character or not, because he still has to make the choice to play that character to the masses.

9. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Does he think he's an actor? Like he's some made up movie character? Media personalities at ESPN are just click bait personified. There's a reason most people leave that network and there's a reason most other networks dislike the guys at ESPN.

10. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Never really followed whoever he is... I take everyone's word that he is just a sensationalist with nothing to offer as far as insight or thought provoking commentary.