Ex-Coach Luke Walton Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by YoungThundercat, Apr 29, 2016.

1. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    I disagree.

One less ft for Houston, we win the game without overtime.

Getting ejected is never a great idea.

Players should know that the coach has their back. It doesn't need a rejection on national TV to prove the point and certainly not multiple times a season. I also personally think that it gives everyone an excuse... It was the ref. Point is refs are what they are imo. You have to win, like other teams do to.... with the same refs and same officiating.

2. BigDan24

BigDan24 - Rookie -

I mean he got ejected for saying this: "The first technical I deserved. Second one, all I said was, 'You guys are funny. This is really funny.' That's all I said. I wasn't yelling anymore, I wasn't screaming anymore. I was shocked that I got thrown out for that. I've heard a lot worse, I've said a lot worse. But it is what it is."

3. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

I think every head coach in the NBA needs to complain enough to the refs to get T’d up when they play the Rockets. The fouls that team gets is excessive and the NBA refs needs to reign in the free throw monster they created.

4. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

To be honest, i think all 29 coaches should "work" to get thrown out against the Rockets. Show the league what you think about this BS.
    Cool form of protest if you ask me.

5. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

Exactly this. How can you allow the refs to get away with the way they call Rockets games? It’s insanity that the only way to protest this year after year is to get T’d up.

6. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    never know if it saved 6 additional FT's for Houston though

7. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

This is on the players, imo. The league needs to pariah harden and anyone like him. The problem is that players get frustrated with his flops but they still like him as a person. The league is too buddy buddy soft.

I'd love to see players police themselves for the good of the league. Start walking under him zaza style or poke him in the eye face guarding him battier style.

Tinker bell didn't like kobes elbows so he clotheslined him. Hate him but bravo.

8. Barnstable

That seems a little extreme to me. I don’t like the calls Harden gets, but he’s not a dirty player where I hope he gets punched in the mouth either.

Remember back when the league changed the rules for fouls because of that Kobe swing through where he’d bring the ball up through players arms of the reached? They need to do something like that for Harden’s more moves too.

9. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Nah you cheat you get hit, everybody needs to tackle him when he drives Mahorn style

10. Punk-101

I think it's obvious the league intentionally allows harden to play with a different set of rules. I don't buy the "he's just so hard to officiate " argument. Players have to take things into their own hands, Bowen, Bell, Artest, Mahorn, Oakley, Malone, Laimbeer style.

To me "dirty" isn't limited to hurting players. He's clearly not dirty in that sense. Making a mockery of the game with flops, travels, push offs, locking defenders arms, etc is "dirty" imo.

Kenzo, Weezy, alam1108 and 2 others like this.
  11. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I don’t know why guys don’t try and get their money’s worth more often. If they’re gonna call a foul if you are standing too close to Harden you might as well really foul him as soon as you hear a whistle, AND make sure to grab his arms so he can’t go for the and 1.

12. Barnstable

I just don’t think he deserves to have players try to hurt him. Hard fouls? Sure. Make him think twice before coming into the paint, but he’s not doing things like trying to step under a jump shooter to hurt them, so I don’t think we should take things to that level.

I honestly think the problem is with the refs more than him. Any and every player is going to try to use fouls to get points. Harden is just better at gaming the system than anyone else in the league today. The NBA head office needs to look into what the problem is when so many coaches get T’s against Houston, and why Harden is shooting waaaaay more free throws than anyone else.

13. Punk-101

Sorry, I'm ok with him getting hurt.
    :Crazyartest:
    I think the league office HAS looked into it. "Ratings? Check. Marketable? Check. Keep letting him play by his own set of rules."

Yes, I think it's a league conspiracy.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  14. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

Houston has become the villain and despite how much we all hate them, it makes for a good storyline and in turn, $$$

Punk-101 and JohnnyComeLately2k6 like this.
  15. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

He is a dirty player or at least a cheat. Pushes guys in the back like Ingram who got called for a travel on the baseline, grabs, pushes off, the not legal stuff he just does because he's f****** James Harden and dares the refs to call many on him. Not "dirty" like Beverly or Deladova but a cheat over and beyond the intent to initiate contact yet get awarded the fouls himself by this disgusting new league protectionism.

16. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Harden piggy back rides someone and they get the foul called on them. “Dirty” probably the right word but it sure had the right connotation.

17. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    His face is a health code violation for sure though, right?

I can’t imagine balling with a huge sweaty beard like that. Crumbs and critters in it. Bleh

18. Barnstable

I'm not disputing any of that. I am in no way defending Harden's play.

I understand hating all the BS calls Harden gets. I hate them too of course. But I feel yall are going way over the top wishing Harden gets physically hurt, and treating him like he's doing something different than what Kobe did with his swing through and what LeBron did with his "LeBroning" flops for all those years. It's gaming the system. Trying to get foul calls. That's the NBA. There have been many that made their career off of drawing calls from the ref. Harden is just the current champ at that tactic and maybe the best ever at it. It's a punk move, because it's looking for a way to manipulate the rules and exploit the perception of who's really initiating the contact, and making the foul, but I don't wish anyone gets hurt because of it.

In no way do I think there is some big conspiracy coming down from the league office to give Harden a ton of calls. The refs give him calls in games, because drawing whistles is 90% of his game. Every move he makes, he tries to initiate contact in a way where he draws a whistle. I remember the last time we played the Rockets, and Harden would have Capella set a screen above the 3pt line, and if his defender tried to fight over the screen, Harden would move forward to trap their arm and body between himself and Capella's back, to get a foul while shooting a 3, and it worked almost every time. If the defender went under the screen, Harden would just shoot the open 3. Harden's become a master at that s***. That's his game. I hate it, but have to admit, he's become a master at putting himself in a position to sell a foul to the refs.

19. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

So, essentially what you’re saying is that Harden is a chronic master baiter and anyone near him needs to watch out.

20. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -