Clips: Grif breaks hand on equipment manager's face (34)

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by revgen, May 18, 2015.

1. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

The problem with that team is leadership. CP3 and Biff aren't those guys.

They need a leader that knows how to win, instills the correct mindset, and gets his teammates in the right frame of mind to know how to win games like that game 7. They've proven over the last 4 years that they just don't have that.

Second round exists mean you have talent, but not the will to push through the adversity as a team.

Personally, I hope they never realize the problem and keep flopping in the shallow end of the playoff pool

The Original 81 and lakerjones like this.
  2. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

In short: No cojones.

lakerjones likes this.
  3. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

What's next is mediocrity, meaning early playoff exits. To Lakers fans, that's mediocrity, but to them I'd assume mediocrity is better than going back to irrelevance. At least they get to enjoy their regular seasons now, and talk trash before the games come that really count. I guess they could turn things around if they upgraded their bench, got rid of Barnes, got a real backup PG, and added a veteran that's been there before and knows how to win. I don't see that happening though, and on top of that there's no guarantee that Jordan re-signs with them. Their time has come like the Thunder to possibly have to break up the core due to money restrictions. This year for them was their best shot, and they blew it.

4. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

lakerjones likes this.
  5. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Oh I love that ^^^. Their window is already boarded up, nailed and gorilla glued, but if Jordan leaves there goes their star defender, a huge part of Lob City and blows up the recent, bandwagoning notion that they were the only attractive FA destination in L.A. any more.

All that said, I agree with Chris Paul, much as I hate that. [​IMG] Jordan's mechanics are so decent at the line that he needs to get with a shooting coach and sports psychologist and just put in waaayy more time to fix his FT problem. Get it up to > 60% and all the hack crap pretty much goes away. But he needs the repetitions.

6. pound4pound

pound4pound - Lakers Starter -

oh it just keeps getting better and better...Clips get choked out again...we get the #2 pick...more drama and fall out...

7. southbaylakers72

southbaylakers72 - Rookie -

The Clippers are young and learning the hard way (Cp3) that Swagger does not equal heart in any equation. Too much swag and not enough heart for these guys. I think they can feel great about Blake Griffin developing some maturity and having CP3 but the rest of this team is broken including having the ultimate optimist (Doc) as a coach and GM. Personally, I love seeing the clippers be clippers its what makes them fun to watch. Stop worrying about competing with lakers and/or trying to win fans and start thinking like a championship organization (no that will never happen). Wonder if CP3 is secretly pissed that NBA Nixed the deal to Lakers. Oh well...enjoy the rest of your career not winning a championship while we rebuild. We will allow you to come on board and chase a ring with us in a few years. Ciao.

8. gcclaker

Then there was the time when Jordan snagged a rebound, thought time had run out and inexplicably did not put it back up causing Paul to go apoplectic. Or that other time when Jordan did offensive goal tending on what was a potential Griffin game winner. Retaining him doesn't appear to be as easy as it looks inspite of what Rivers thinks.

If they do sign Jordan to a hefty deal, it limits their flexibility even more. Not that it is all wriggly as a straight jacket now without it. They have to upgrade their bench. Happy times...

LTLakerFan likes this.
  9. southbaylakers72

Jordan is not a max player. He is the Clipper equivalent of Rony Turiaf minus the heart.

10. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

He might not be a max poayer... but he'll get a max contract from 95% of NBA teams.

southbaylakers72 likes this.
  11. southbaylakers72

Thank God for the ping pong balls falling our way or else we'd be after him.....and screwing up our franchise for years to come. DJ belongs back in Texas with the Mavs who (Rondo) who no discipline with their owner spending money regardless of whether its a good fit or not.

12. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Actually Jordan is totally a max player. Once the cap goes up his contract will be perfectly reasonable for his production.

13. southbaylakers72

sad but true i suppose.

good thing i am not a sabermetrix guy

14. gcclaker

^Yep, Jordan will get some serious offers. Dallas could really use him. He'll probably get touches on offense too. The rub is how will Jordan react to the demanding Carlisle as opposed to the more lenient Rivers? Will he chafe? Oh hell...just go there. :cool: Could be two birds...one stone.

LTLakerFan and therealdeal like this.
  15. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm . . . I don't think I care . . . :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I just truly hope that it starts sinking into Ballmer just how much the Chokers will always have their ignominious past to deal with here in LA (remember as long as they are in this arena there is an open door policy for Shelly Sterling) and that he will always play second fiddle to the Lakers who are the beloved team in this town just like the Dodgers.

If he moves the team to Seattle he will be revered as a home town hero, he'll have a brand new stadium built for him so he won't have to use the Lakers locker room as his HQ, and he could still get a massive TV deal - sure, Seattle's not LA, but it's not some small burgh either. Seattle is a basketball town and they would be welcomed with open arms there. They've been trying to get a new team since they lost the Sonics to OKC.

LTLakerFan and therealdeal like this.
  16. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

If I were a billionaire that just bought the Clippers there's just way too many reasons to move this franchise.

I'd change everything! I'd change the color, the logo, the name, the city. I'd overhaul the roster, I'd bring in all my own people to run the organization. They need a fresh start and they're not going to get that here.

They're booed at other sporting events. They get worse ratings than the Lakers even when they win 50 games and we win 25 through the whole season. They're not about to be offered the television deal we got. Sure LA is a bigger market, but if your share of that market is maybe 30% on a good day, then it's just not helpful. I know that 30% of the population of LA is still approximately greater than the entire population of Seattle, but it doesn't offset the other advantages you get in relocating.

You get your own stadium, the entire city gets behind you, you get to flush out the failures of your franchise in Los Angeles. The television deal decreases, but the viewership goes up probably 400% over what you're getting in Los Angeles. Your merchandise sales go through the roof, you're a hero in that city...

It makes way too much sense to me for them to move.

lakerjones and LTLakerFan like this.
  17. LTLakerFan

I like your thoughts on why it makes sense to get the hell out of L.A. and the Lakers arena. But ......ehhh...... I'm not so thrilled with the idea of things going that well for them, even if it's up there. Eff em. [​IMG]

lakerjones likes this.
  18. LTLakerFan

LOL. Gave you a like. Good read. But same thing I said to lakerjones above. Eff em. No good luck or karma up there either. Plus Ray Allen came from "up there".

19. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

I actually think it's funnier (and s**tier for Clipper fans) if they move to Seattle and IMMEDIATELY get better and finally make the leap to elite.

Juronimo and gcclaker like this.
  20. gcclaker

Ya know...the Clippers have irritated me the last few seasons with their contrived hype and shameless self-promotion BUT LTLakerFan takes what I feel [and probably many] to a whole 'nother level. :cool:

Woooo....

lakerjones likes this.