Brandon Ingram Discussion: He Is Who We Thought He Could Be

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Lakers2015, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

Hey, those in the Ingram vs beal debate. What do you think are BI's
    Floor:
    Realistic:
    Ceiling:
    ?

Purp n Gold likes this.
  2. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Well the tinfoil hat in me thinks Moe and Bonga are future Spurs. Or it could be just Svi. Moe is our BLo replacement, but other than Pau, the Spurs have no centers haha.

There's a reason Moe and Bonga are signed while Svi isn't...we do have the cap to give him his contract, but if we did, dude can't be traded for 30 days. Maybe this summer league is a way to showcase them.

Another interesting thing about Bonga, other than giving up cash and a future 2nd to go get him when we probably could have gotten him at 47, is this:

I'm thinking the FO is looking at Bonga as their "West-Kobe pick". It remains to be seen, but if he doesn't head to the Spurs, LA probably has plans for him this season, if not next with Bron is a mentor.

@Punk-101
    Ceiling: dubs Durant - can score and defend, but without the cupcakementality
    Floor: Granger/Ariza
    Realistic: a silent assassin, who's not the man but a dope AF complimentary swiss army knife piece a la Odom

3. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

The Rockets need to sign Jesus. The lame tend to get up and walk around him which will come in handy in May.

Weezy, therealdeal and LTLakerFan like this.
  4. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Floor: Tayshaun Prince
    Realistic: Danny Granger
    Ceiling: Kawhi Leonard

5. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

This has been a key quote cited over and over for a while now

I don’t think Rob is bluffing for trade leverage with this, I think he means it. They aren’t going to just give away Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, or Hart, they see at least 3 of them I’m sure as the KEY to making us good now AND years from now when LeBron is done, so we aren’t forced to rebuild all over again, and instead return to the Laker way of reloading.

6. Savory Griddles

I agree. Although I think Ball could be had for the right deal easier than the other 3. The signing of Rondo makes me think they are at least aware Papa Ball may become too big of a distraction.

7. therealdeal

Well what does that mean for Hart with Stephenson and Pope in town? And Svi being drafted?

8. Savory Griddles

Lance and Pope are solid wings. Rondo is coming off a season where he was instrumental in getting the Pelicans into the second round. Not saying Rondo is our long term PG, but I just get the feeling that he is a much more comprehensive insurance policy for Ball than Lance is for Hart. Besides, I think Pope gets more minutes than Hart anyway. Pope is likely starting. If Papa Ball starts popping off in January, Lebron may not want him around. Granted, if Ball reworks is shot and is hitting at even a 42/35 split, everyone can ignore the pops.

Weezy likes this.
  9. Weezy

Ball was the reason I said 3 of the 4, I think the Lakers see him as most replaceable, whether it’s true or not.

I think Hart is backup sg to KCP, and they can split minutes. I think Stephenson is backup to Ingram at the 3. Or switch those backups around, but there’s time for all. Svi is the one that will have to earn time, he’s the rookie. If and when it happens it will be likely due to injuries. For Hart, for Kuz, for Lance, maybe for Ingram with his history.

10. therealdeal

I don't disagree with where you guys slot Hart into the lineup, but if that's true, then who is our backup PG?

I don't think it's so simple as "Rondo is Lonzo insurance" if the same can't be said for Stephenson and Pope being Hart insurance. I think we're insured in most areas in case we end up moving a kid. The only kids without a clear insurance policy are Kuzma and Ingram and I have a feeling they're each other's insurance policy. Also LeBron.

TIME likes this.
  11. Weezy

I’m not sure I get the question. Rondo is the “backup” PG, but I’m pretty sure he and Lonzo pretty much split minutes or we end games with whoever is playing better that particular game. That’s as close to Vas’s making Zo earn it scenario as I can see, the vet here to push the kid. Plus it’s likely Zo misses games due to some sort of injury or soreness and we then have a starting caliber pg to step in and not skip a beat. Caruso is the 3rd string still I believe, on that 2 way contract.

12. therealdeal

Right, I agree.

Savory's point is that Rondo is insurance so we can trade Lonzo. If that logic is true (which I'm not saying it's not), then it's also true Stephenson and Pope have to be Hart insurance, right?

13. Weezy

Oh, ok I get you. Yes, actually I think that holds true. Were we to pull the trigger on a Kawhi trade if the Spurs relent on the asking price, sadly I think Hart is absolutely part of the deal. He’s exactly the kind of player the Spurs draft.

therealdeal likes this.
  14. therealdeal

I agree. I hope we don't at this point. There's too much weirdness going on with these leaks. Until we get more clarity, no point in emptying the pen for Kawhi unless we get the offer we want.

Everyone seems confident we'll get our 2nd guy next summer. I hope that's true. I'd love to keep all these kids and sign two stars.

Cookie and Weezy like this.
  15. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Cookie, OX1947, Khmrp and 2 others like this.
  16. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

Why? You can’t teach or improve length. You can teach and improve defense, offense, IQ, etc. Things every player in the NBA gets better at. However, if you have a player who has the potential to be just as good as these other players, but he has the length to have the upside of an Anthony Davis or Giannis or Kevin Durant, you simply do not trade that for a ‘shorter’ player who does the same thing. I don’t know what’s so strange about it.

Unless the idea is to win now then I can understand the stance.

17. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

Floor: Rudy Gay
    Realistic: Paul George
    Ceiling: TMac / Giannis

Punk-101 likes this.
  18. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Without giving it a ton of thought I think that's a fair assessment.

With Lebron and our other depth we have I don't think he'll ever put up huge numbers. Especially if we sign another max level guy next July. Just won't be enough shots to go around which I know Ingram would be fine with. Its just the media or those casual fans will often look at his stats as he's not a true up and coming star.

CarolinaLakerFan and Lakeshow85 like this.
  19. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
  20. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

bi looks like hes in middle school lol