Brandon Ingram Discussion: He Is Who We Thought He Could Be

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Lakers2015, Jun 23, 2016.

1. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Our playoff picture is almost nonexistent. Imho, just shut him and Hart down and have them practice with the team when they're fully recovered.

2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    We’re definitely not getting in, but I still see huge benefit to finishing the season on a high note

3. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

These guys are so young, they need the reps. We don't have to play them heavy minutes, but they still should be out there if they can play.

4. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

We still need to not let Boston get our pick, or if they do, make it the worst it can be. At what point does it go back to Philly again?

5. vasashi17

Philly gets it at 1, 6-14 (15-30 if playoff bound, but not happening)
    Boston gets it at 2-5

I still think these guys have enough to get the pick down to 10-14 without bringing back BI and Hart but good observation about the pick Weez.

I just don't think it's worth injury in terms of selling free agents and god forbid, needing healthy trade assets for any offseason trades.

6. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

This is frustrating to say the least ... Progress being slowed down by injuries , happened to BI a couple of times this season .

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  7. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

No, you’re right, if Ingram and Hart aren’t right the rest of the season, don’t play them. If they are good to go I do get them out there though. I didn’t know the window for the pick going to Boston was that small, wow they really bet on us being bad this season, f*** them. I thought it was something like 1-10 it goes to Boston, 11 and up back to Philly. We’re most likely safe from Boston getting it now. Still, I don’t want to chance it, if we get a ridiculously lucky bounce and get the 5th pick with such bad odds the one year we don’t have the pick and it goes to Boston I might go look for C Bags gear at thrift stores to burn.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and Cookie like this.
  8. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    Trudell and Walton comment on his recovery

Cookie and JohnnyComeLately2k6 like this.
  9. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Oh well. Rest up kid.

10. OmarE

OmarE - Lakers Starter -

If this was a playoff push I'm pretty sure bi and the coaching staff would let him play, but since we are out of it then they are doing the right thing being precautionary.

11. SeasonVet24

SeasonVet24 - Rookie -

Love Ingram but..

Heard this on ESPN 710 and they brought up an interesting trade scenario. If the Spurs offer Kawhi for Ingram and 2 1st, assuming Kawhi is healthy and willing to re-up with Lakers, would you do it?

sirronstuff likes this.
  12. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Only if it guarantees pg or james signing, matter of fact if we can force deng into the trade along with an opt in traded pg we could even still sign james n randle

Ball, pg, leonard,lebron, randle

But i cant imagine leonard willingly leave a superax on the table though n he won't get it if he traded before he signs the extension

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  13. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

Depends. Does Kawhi want to be here? I ask because he can opt out of his contract in 2019.

I'm not particularly interested in giving up BI and 2 1sts for a one year rental.

Even if Kawhi is interested, why trade BI and 2 1sts? Why not wait until 2019 and sign him without giving up our young talent?

sirronstuff and therealdeal like this.
  14. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

What if we could move deng into the deal? Kawai makesb the same as deng right now, we could theoretically have the same cap room to sign james n pg maybe even randle as well

15. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

Kawhi making the same money as Deng is the most depressing thing I’ve heard in a long time. Deng, eat your contract as a snack and get the hell off the team.

sirronstuff, tada, revgen and 3 others like this.
  16. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

don't blame the player blame the game lol....besides you do the same if you were 60yrs old and some doufus threw stupid money at you :Laugh:

sirronstuff and Cookie like this.
  17. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

I like to move Deng, but unless Kawhi commits past 2019, I'm not interested in giving up BI, and 2 1sts. It's too much.

therealdeal and sirronstuff like this.
  18. vasashi17

And yet there were fans defending Mitch/Jim....smfh. I guess they're the same group that must've thought those two could Make the Lakers Great Again.

When it comes to BI getting traded, you do that only for a stud with next to no question marks. If Kawhi is supposedly upset with a franchise like the Spurs..umm maybe that's the type of player I'm okay with not being our franchise player. Then factor in a possible chronic nerve condition and the decision becomes a whole lot easier to make.

We'll definitely know how bad Kawhi wants out of SA and just how badly he would want us as a destination. Dude can be designated as a super max player by SA and make close to $220M over 5 years. He gets that type of bag only with SA, so if he turns it down to come to LA for far less money, I'd not only be shocked but happy that Kawhi wanted to be a Laker that badly.

Or he could get the best of both worlds and sign that super max deal and then demand a trade out of SA. No guarantee he'd be rerouted here, but at least he gets out of SA and gets paid handsomely to do so.

If you have an injury concern hanging over your head, you get that guaranteed money first, then get picky later. Any way you really look at it, it's highly unlikely he becomes a Laker any time soon.

revgen and LaVarBallsDad like this.
  19. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

Can't give up on Ingram though because his play gets better so exponentially and he's only 20. Plus he's got the super-value contract for 2 years left. Kwahi's contract for next year at least is simi-team friend too, just not very team friendly like BI's is and for 2 years. And you have more young years left with BI. True Kwahi is 26 but there is the injury too. And the 2 1rsts? Naw. Giving them BI would already be setting them up for the future. We have spent almost 2 years developing this kid.
    Let's reap the benefits of having BI ourselves for a dozen+ good years.

20. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Well-said. And agree!

But I do love BI and think he's going to grow into a very good player...