Brandon Ingram Discussion: He Is Who We Thought He Could Be

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Lakers2015, Jun 23, 2016.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Fickle fans are fickle, but for fans that have to donate blood to afford seeing games, this is serious business.

SilkWilkes52 likes this.
  2. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Nah, fans who donate blood do it for the sickle business.

The fans crying over BI are just doing it to make the rest of the fan bases' blood boil.

3. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

There has to be room for honest critique and discussion of poor play / coaching / management.

Otherwise it’s just everyone celebrating when the team does well and silence when we stink it up.

The commentary the last few weeks has been tough but fair IMO given the product on the floor.

KB24, TIME, abeer3 and 2 others like this.
  4. ElginTheGreat

The formula for Ingram to win over the fans is very basic.

Play better.

KB24 and abeer3 like this.
  5. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

I'd take same lvl of play with a 70% ft shooting, thats not even asking much lol

tada, ElginTheGreat and SilkWilkes52 like this.
  6. SilkWilkes52

SilkWilkes52 - Rookie -

Free throws and the unforced turnovers are accurate and need to be cleaned up. But BI’s 19ppg 6.5 rebounds and defensive presence post LeBron have resulted in keeping them in these games not losing them. Our lack of defensive intensity, especially to start games, and shooting are the obvious reason for the losing trend. This team, in particular the young guns, need to hang their hats on the defensive end. At this point that’s more controllable than shots dropping. That is on Luke to get that message across to the team, and a coach does that with minute distribution..... OK ... rant done.

Big Mamma Jamma and Khmrp like this.
  7. vasashi17

^^^Yep, what he said!

EtG, I think some criticism is fair.. but some of y'all bringing up high usage guys that fill up the stat sheet when they're the guy.

DLo, Jules, Luka, Beal, Kemba....are all high usage AF.

And now look at those dude's teams...none of those squads are close to being legit title contenders.

Meanwhile BI hasn't been handed the keys like those other dudes have. Even with Bron out, the #2 seems to be by committee between Kuz and BI.

He's piss poor at the line... he's gotta voice his opinions more and take initiative...he has a ton of work to still do.

But y'all extra with it thinking dude isn't a valuable player and asset still.

8. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

a more steady 3pt shot couldn't hurt either, doesn't have to be high volume but 1 make per gm on 3-4 attempts isn't asking for to much is it?

9. ElginTheGreat

Well to clarify I don’t think folks are saying he isnt valuable or an asset. At least I’m not. Even people who are in favor of a trade only want to do it if we’re bring back an All Star caliber player.

I’ve also been pretty consistent at pointing the finger at the front office and guys with clipboards for the development of the kids.

No matter how harsh the takes are everyone here would like nothing more than for Ingram to get to the next level. I agree with the thought that just hitting free throws eases the criticism of him.

Right now though with the losses mounting in a tight western conference folks are just going to be frustrated and vent a lot.

Kenzo, abeer3 and Khmrp like this.
  10. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

I'm still reeling from vash trying to compare doncic and Ingram. That's hilariously disingenuous.

alam1108 and ElginTheGreat like this.
  11. vasashi17

I'm reeling at the hypocrisy of this all.

I was comparing circumstance: high usage to improved stats. Luka leads the Mavs in possessions and ball in hand...and dude is producing with that type of usage. With Bron/Rondo out, BI's usage has gone up, but not to the point of being the alpha1 on the team...but dude is still putting up modest numbers.

But Luka helps Dallas win games doe (net +0.2 when he's on the floor)..well so too does BI (net +1).

cLips are geniuses for setting themselves up for possibly 3max guys doe... meanwhile our FO are a bunch of lames for getting us 1/3rd of the way there already.

Jules is developing in Nawlins while we "mistreated" him here doe.. yet dude is placed in a similar situation in Nawlins as he was here...he put up efficienct numbers with us last year after Magic mandated to get his body right (I mean that is why the majority of the board wanted him back), yet we didn't develop him properly, and Nawlins did?

Shame on the FO for letting Jules walk for nothing doe... Meanwhile, let's ignore how the cLips did Blake (he still got a T-shirt out if it, I guess), they for sure getting 2max guys next summer...but let's conveniently forget that Tobias declined an extension from them earlier this year....Kawhi for sure is coming to the cLips because the Logo, while fellow Klutch klient AD is a farce.

We did Jules dirty doe... meanwhile the dubs held McCaw hostage and TyChandler was like FcNaw I'm going up there and instead chose us. Oh and a Mintz client in Ariza was still angling to come to LA via trade. Oh and the "mistreatment" of Deng which led to him giving us money back, while Noah did the same for the Knicks, right?

Our FO is mismanaging our cap, our player development and our opportunity to compete, yet all of you are applauding other teams poor player handling in creating cap space, applauding their high usage players on losing teams and using a half season worth of sample size where we lost some good players to suspensions and injuries, to proclaim that we suck and our FO is trash.

Talk about being hilariously disingenuous.

<Insert reeling rolling eyes here>

#YallReelExtra

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  12. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Clipps did do Blake dirty but at same time they did give him a MAX deal before sending him off....what did we do for Randle other than renouncing his rights so he can leave for nothing? Magic asked him to get in the best shape of his career only to see him start off the season coming off the bench for an inferior player (Nance). Most productive player on the team last yr but we didn't even show him any type of long term commitment, they probably wanted him to take the qualifying offer and s*** on him again next off season if I had to bet the scenario they were presenting to Randle. Maginka did great work for what they had to work with but they're not without their own sins right now....the fact this team looks like utter trash w/o James is a bad look on Maginka IMO

Kenzo, abeer3 and tada like this.
  13. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    friends let friend b**** and moan sometimes

Can't we just leave it as that? This is a form of entertainment fans genuinely look forward to, and it's not enjoyable right now.

14. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Quietly had another great overall game. Still the most consistent player on this team minus Lebron.

15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

lol, you really don't want to compare ingram and doncic. it's super duper sad. you probably want to keep any high-performing high lotto pick's name out of this thread (or lonzo's).

the clips are "geniuses" for using their cap wisely to get players and trading their stars before they lost value (as opposed to trading young players before they GAINED value...). they're geniuses because they're several games up on us and have even more to spend and have been listed by more than one FA as their preferred destination (as opposed to nobody listing them as their FA destination...). at this stage, they're winning. and to be clear, it's because they're better, not because of whatever may or may not happen in FA.

and randle was treated poorly while in uniform as a laker. it was clear as soon as maglinka got here that they didn't want him. fine. move him then. don't kill his value by misusing him, and dangle him in trades while making others laughably untouchable.

and if you still think AD's coming, i'm not sure what to say. we all know he's not moving before the summer, and all of our assets have depreciated. even if he wants to come here, we've seen how it's gone when players have tried to get here (not well). so what then, wait until we're a full 2 (or more) years into lebron's stay here until we're relevant?

in sum, if you want people to be happy about the state of the team right now, you're fighting a losing (and really, nonsensical) battle. the non-lebron summer was a total bust, and it's why we're sitting outside the playoffs despite having the league's best player on the roster. chastising people for recognizing the fact isn't going to change the (appropriate) emotional reaction you're seeing.

16. vasashi17

Kawhi to Lakers as a preferred spot...was that the initial report by Woj and friends after his trade demand? So why is this cLip thing hold so much weight to you now? Oh that's right, you believe in West. I believe in another Laker as well and he delivered for us last summer. So our cap plan worked and is still in the works, so why wouldn't you believe in Magic and having him deliver in his vision, especially since him and Rob have only been at it for 1 full season. You're being super duper impatient....and that's sad.

Speaking of which, you also believed in that super duper Morey dude...alot! How'd that work out again? RIP #LeBeard...we hardly knew you.

So we killed Jules value by dangling him in numerous trades, yet didn't trade him. Meanwhile, cLips got how many Allstars back for the 3 they dealt away? Yet they didn't kill those dudes’ value? You know who killed Jules' value...Mintz, by forcing his client to not respect restricted free agency, how it worked and forcing us to have his bird rights revoked so that he could walk away from 12.4m in LA to get 8.6m in Nawlins. Super duper dumb.

Also in making Jules a restricted free agent, doesn't that indicate that we wanted him rather than forcing him out of LA? Doesn't it mean that at very least we intended to move him for assets if he still wanted out? Otherwise why put 12.4m on our books BEFORE free agency.

The non-Bron summer was a total bust, yet we put ourselves in position to add another max star next summer....kinda like, you know, that West fella you hold in such high regard. Meanwhile, is that an option for a team like Miami, who was trying to trade for Butler this season? Why couldn't they? Maybe it's gotta do with the "MozDeng"ish deals they have littered throughout their roster. You act like the previous FO's nonsense was an easy fix....Riles (the engineer of the 3max player Heatles) will tell you otherwise.

The cLips meanwhile ostracized their "franchise player" and you think potential franchise players will look at that lightly? Where were the cLips and Logo the consultant again in the Bron sweepstakes last summer?

So the cLips are geniuses for not getting anything in return for the guy that they sequestered to prevent him from becoming a Mav the 1st time, but we're dopes for allowing Jules to walk, cause he did not understand that making him a restricted free agent meant we intended to keep him? So the cLips are genuises for waiting for Gallo (and DJ) contracts to expire in order to create cap space, while we're dopes for not waiting on MozDeng to come off the books?

You think it's a bad move for us to wait for AD, yet it's a good look for the cLips to wait out for Kawhi (Blake was resigned in 2017...so 2 years to clear that cap and use it on a max player like Kawhi....same window as AD, when he becomes a free agent)? As for AD, he's already moved here. He bought a 7.5m mansion out here last summer, remember? Didn't Bron do the same exact thing a summer before he committed here?

I'm not complaining about y'all b****in and moaning while we have a bad stretch of games (look at the mighty cLips recent games...look at OKshe losing some momentum as the schedule gets tougher
    ...didn't Houston also have a tough patch early in the season? Bad stretches of basketball within a season happen, but y'all can complain about it if you want.

Be down on BI too (gotta mention him at least once in his thread)...I got no problem with y'all criticizing him, cause most of it is warranted.

I'm a huge fan of rain in So-Cal...so y'all can get your drip on!

Nah, I'm complaining about the love yall give other losing franchises for the same goddamn reason yall chastise ours. But y'all can stay "super duper sad", just don't reel when I keep it real and call y'all out on it.

17. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

18. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Say what?

How about we wait for the Clips to actually ever sign someone other than DJ who was held hostage by CP3 before we anoint them genius status. Clippers gonna clip and you gotta know that.

We are sitting outside the playoffs because of LeBron & Rondo's injuries. Period. We were rolling right in the middle of the playoff pack before then. I agree with you that signing Lance & Bease was a bust but they were both make LeBron happy signings. Not sure how you view Rondo and McGee as total bust signings.

19. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

I liked his play as well. He's been good lately, so I'm not sure why all the griping about him. For the most part, Lonzo, Kuz and Ingram have been playing pretty well in Lebron's absence. It's the rest of the team generally that hasn't looked so good. Those three guys producing by themselves mainly are not enough to beat most teams in the NBA and we're seeing that.

20. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

sure, BI and lonzo played great last night but look who it was against

until they can play like that consistently against good teams i won't be impressed

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and Khmrp like this.