Boxing

Discussion in 'Other Sports Discussion' started by LTLakerFan, May 5, 2017.

1. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I didn't have a chance to watch the Kovalev/Ward fight... Heard you were pretty much spot on though Kou. I heard it could have kept going, but I also heard it was Ward's fight still to that point. I'll have to watch a replay later.

2. Jaguar

Jaguar - Lakers 6th Man -

I too would have liked to see it play out just for the entertainment of it. However, Kovalev was done. He was sitting on the ropes when the fight was called. He was having a hard time even standing up. I think if the ref let it go instead of waving off the fight it would have been an 8 second count. Then once the fight resumed Ward would have dropped him with a few body shots. It's hard to recover from body shots at that point in the game than from head dizziness by comparison.

3. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Manny got robbed, and I was pulling for Horn.

4. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

I think that's a matter of opinion, for all we know Kovalev hits him with a miracle punch (against Ward obviously 0.0001%), the point is, the ref was wrong to stop the fight when he did in my opinion and while Ward more than likely would of finished him off, we were denied that.

Also Ward is now talking about potentially facing AJ? Well good luck with getting knocked out.

John - Didn't get to see the Manny fight, read that it was a lot closer than one judge made out!

5. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand

The announcers were making it sound like Manny won about 10 of the 12 rounds, with the 9th round being a 2 point round for Manny. I think it was closer than that. Probably 7-5 for Manny. 8-4 at the worst. But the judges had it in reverse. One gave Manny only 3 rounds. That's just crazy. I understand they were in Horn's home country and he's the young guy, but he lost. Simply no way around it. And I was really pulling for Horn. he was aggressive and the underdog. But after the 9th round, the ref came to him and said, "my job is to protect you. I have to stop it." His corner begged the ref to not stop it. He then said, "okay, but I have to see something from you or I'm stopping it." The ref felt bad for him and was gonna stop it, but apparently, the judges saw a totally different fight.

I love boxing, but it's so corrupt. Just frustrating. And that's reason number 837858760 why the UFC took it's place.

therealdeal and Kenzo like this.
  6. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    time to retire

LTLakerFan, gcclaker and John3:16 like this.
  7. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

@John3:16 looks like they are re-scoring the Pacquiao-Horn fight:

8. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Can you say cluster f***?

9. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

That Connor v Floyd trash talk tour thing was corny as hell, but train-wreck-awesome! OMG, I don't think I've ever seen Mayweather look like such as douche. Every crowd hated him and all of his trash talk backfired or fell flat. Too bad it was all WWE quasi-fake and they are probably Bffs, laughing all the way to the bank.

sirronstuff likes this.
  10. therealdeal

We hear this basically every time, but the rumor is the two legitimately hate each other.

I definitely loved watching Floyd fall flat in four different cities. I'm hoping for a miracle with this, but expecting a flop...

sirronstuff likes this.
  11. Punk-101

If I were Connor I'd start leaking things to the media in a serious manner that he's having difficulty in boxing only sparring, resorting to muscle memory and instinctively going for takedowns in the clinch or throwing kicks and knees when he's frustrated. All lies of course, but let that sit in Floyd's head. Then, in the ring during the real fight Connor starts just ever so slightly flinching kicks or throws in the clinch. That would sure as hell freak me out if I was Floyd.

therealdeal likes this.
  12. therealdeal

Oh I definitely expect him to feint some kicks in the ring. I expect that. I think Connor is going to be really working for ways to get under Mayweather's skin. Mayweather may have completely and utterly bluffed about the octagon, but he wants absolutely no part of Connor in an MMA fight. None. Mayweather would get TKOed in seconds.

Punk-101 likes this.
  13. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

Is there a more ducked boxer out there right now than Lomachenko? The guys last three opponents have all retired, which is ridiculous, I personally don't think hes beatable, but would love to see Mikey Garcia drop down to fight him.

14. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
  15. sirronstuff

16. sirronstuff

17. sirronstuff

18. therealdeal

I don't know how Paulie could even pretend what happened in that tape. I mean... it's right there in footage. It'd be like Ray Rice saying he didn't strike that woman or like Trump saying he didn't say those things on that bus. It's on the tape!

19. Punk-101

That woman on Cow-Turd's show this morning brought up a good point. This whole Connor v Pauli fued is manufactured to set up a huge pay day fight for them after the floyd fight. it won't be as big, obviously, but they'll both get huge $$. Pauli's comments don't make any sense unless he's manufacturing a feud.

therealdeal likes this.
  20. therealdeal

That's a good point. Fake a budding rivalry and now Connor can basically go as a full time boxing/circus act!

To do it though, he'll need to show something against Floyd. I believe wholeheartedly that Connor is purposely limiting what's out there of him. He wants to come out against Floyd looking like a real boxer even though all his footage shows him doing weird, quirky stuff.

Punk-101 likes this.