Ask Mr. Rambis

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by Mr. Rambis, May 9, 2019.

1. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

sometimes a stench that foul is ever lasting

tada, sirronstuff and ZenMaster like this.
  2. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

I agree it felt like a total bait and switch to me and Pissed me off when I learned of his high rate of being gone allegedly, enough of the time to piss Pelinka enough to complain about it (back stab?) ..... when the original mantra was every single day everyone in the company was going to (bust their a****) to bring the LAKERS back to glory. And then quits abruptly with horrible timing because "he wanted to tweet with freedom and have fun again"?

And yes my own personal opinion is that Magic did get the Big Head in his PBO position after getting LeBron and it led a a lot of miscalculation that played out horribly in the public for us this year. AD debacle at the very top.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    tada, TIME and Khmrp like this.
  3. SilkWilkes52

SilkWilkes52 - Rookie -

You try dragging Bill Walton on your back up and down the court ....:Kaream Surprise:

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  4. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Stench probably coming from that rat cage you got.

Anyways, y'all can carry on with your assumptions.

All I know is Jesse said Magic allowed them to control scouting. I've already produced those quotes.

I also know there are no current Espn reports on Magic harrassing anybody. Now admonishing them, yeah I think I read something about that haha.

I also know the assumption is Prez isn't day to day. I'm sure it's a constant effort though via phone, but sitting at the office, nah probably not that.

Keep assumin away folks.

5. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I don’t really get why you take quotes from people as %100 fact when these people have to say these things to maintain peace in their job or actually keep their jobs, but you refuse to believe any stuff reported going on behind the scenes by people who are around this team behind the scenes all the time. The truth is probably some middle ground, but again, I don’t get taking people who need to maintain league relationships at their word, of course they play the PR game. Of course Luke said that, of course Nance said what he said, etc. I believe it when I hear multiple Lakers reporters say that Magic was never in the office though and that when he was he’d just come in and yell at people about what they were doing wrong. Maybe berate is too strong a word, maybe it’s not, I’d love for that ESPN report to have come out, I love knowing the truth behind stuff more than just hearing rumors. My point is both can be true, these things can have actually happened, and the people involved can also come out and refute that they happened because it’s in their best interest. It’s like if Kurt Rambis came out and said right now now to the press, “nooo, I’m not trying to take more power in this organization now that there’s an opening”, like why would we believe that just because he said it. Oh he said that, must be true. We have eyes and ears and can clearly see otherwise, it’s not really the same as assuming, it’s more deducing.

tada, alam1108, Kenzo and 5 others like this.
  6. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Vas, Magic is my second favorite player of all time. He changed the game. He is an amazing business man and ambassador for basketball.

But he sucked as a head coach and he sucked as POBO. No one can be great at everything.

tada, Big Mamma Jamma, Kenzo and 4 others like this.
  7. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

This is my thing: why is every f****** thread hijacked with the same b********?

Every thread I go into; it's a dissertation.

8. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

That's fair! I got no beef with this assessment. He wasn't a great coach or talk show host either haha.

But if you look at where we were to where we are in terms of now having a star successor and scrubbed books to add yet another star...in 2 years time, I think our novice Prez did a good enough job in seeing that vision through.

@Weezy I use quotes by the individual themselves over unnamed sources or evolved narratives over a podcast. To each his own.

9. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

@Mr. Rambis , both LeBron's boy (Cuffsthelegend on IG) and Kyrie's boy (onbompton) came out and said Kyrie to Lakers is a 'done deal'...are you hearing the same?

I've also heard that if Kyrie signs with Lakers, that Kawhi will opt into his deal and ask Toronto to trade him to the Lakers so they don't lose him for nothing to the Clippers.

Is that true? Any legs to this? I'm getting this from my sources but want to see if that is corroborating with yours...

10. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    less typing, more gifs plz

:Noddingyes: :Brows:

Cookie, Khmrp and LaVarBallsDad like this.
  11. sirronstuff

My sources are saying that Kawhi really doesn't want to play with a ball dominant star like Lebron who is clearly on the downside of his career. All of our sources are saying different things. Well, that's frustrating.

12. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

This guy has a good plan. Are we looking into hiring him?

tada, Kenzo, Helljumper and 7 others like this.
  13. LTLakerFan

But then it's completely Leonard's team after just 3 years, like it was Kobe's after Shaq left. And if he stays healthy, same as every other athlete's hope .... he will be up in that Rarefied Jordan / Kobe / James Air ..... and WITH the team competitive in the meantime even if LBJ declines "some". Plus New Balance / AEG mega dollars if what we are hearing they are steering is true. Could be some great basketball still to be played with LBJ while he's here with Kawhi taking over the 1A or 1B alpha role on the team. He might not be BFFs with LeBron but that looks pretty damn appealing now after better understanding the additional shoe sales mega contract background.

14. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

come LT, why you responding to him legitmately lol

Big Mamma Jamma and sirronstuff like this.
  15. LTLakerFan

I have hope we can educate and elevate him from his challenged environment.

Big Mamma Jamma and sirronstuff like this.
  16. sirronstuff

:Laugh:

good luck with that

:Lebronsmoking:

Big Mamma Jamma, LTLakerFan and Khmrp like this.
  17. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    What would such a trade look like? I think we’d still have to give up Lonzo and Ingram to make salaries match for Kawhi?

That would be a great haul for Toronto and while our roster would be pretty barebones, I think we’d have a good choice of ring chasing free agents fill out the rest of the roster on minimum deals.

If Kyrie and Kawhi wanted to do that, the only possible obstacle would be if Toronto didn’t want to participate in us becoming a super team and refused to trade him to us, but that would be so self-destructive. Lonzo, Ingram, OG, Siakam, that would be a fun squad.

If we somehow pulled that off I’d forgive the front office for everything ... even though realistically such a scenario would occur in spite of them, not because of anything they did.

18. Mr. Rambis

Mr. Rambis - Rookie - LB Verified Insider

Yikes 48 notifications this time! This site is better than facebook!

Today is a busy day for me. I am on the road. I will try to get to this as much as I can. Stay Tuned...

Best,
    Mr. Rambis

Cookie and Bryant like this.
  19. LTLakerFan

In addition to the great conversation this site has custom site specific gifs and graphic options probably like none other on the WW Web .... no offense Lakers Facebook.

:Brows:

sirronstuff and Cookie like this.
  20. Mr. Rambis

Mr. Rambis - Rookie - LB Verified Insider

Hi,

I got a response back for your @Battle Tested20 ! So apparently, there is suspicion that Joey and Jesse planted that article, because they used the negative press (pretty much what Jeanie responds to best) to pressure Jeanie into calling Lacob shortly after. I did get visual proof that the call was placed after the article was published. Hope this helps!