Any Basketball Movie Edited And Shot In The Style Of Tony Scott's The Fan?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by GlickenGoshDebate Tactics, Jun 24, 2017.

1. GlickenGoshDebate Tactics

GlickenGoshDebate Tactics Guest

I am not familiar with techniques used since my primary interest in movies is consumption. Point is everything felt larger than life, fast paced and very cinematic. I don't think i ever saw a movie about basketball shot like that. It would had been awesome to watch a movie like that. I never felt that way about watching a movie about basketball.

Does anyone agree with me?

2. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I can't think of a single one based on the description you gave. Movies about basketball are often dramas with a basketball backdrop, kids movies, silly comedies, very rarely do they capture the feel of the real game. I think one issue is of course they have to use actors and it's very noticeable with basketball because they aren't typically super tall like real players. The best player on a team in a movie is going to be a recognizable actor so he's going to be average height. The only one I can think of that comes close is probably Blue Chips because they used some real players and reportedly let them just play for good portions. Typically I'd say baseball, football, and even hockey have been better captured in film though.

3. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Patently false, Weezy. Need I remind you...

[​IMG]