Anthony Davis Discussion: That's Why They Pay Me The Big Bucks

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

yeah, we need to move on.

sirronstuff likes this.
  2. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    Yes they can. But corporate world only works free of any type of emotions.

I think if you offer the best deal, you get him.

Remember how Apple and Samsung were in court every day, yet Samsung produces like 30% of iPhone components lol

If you get carried away with personal feelings, your organization just doesn't work right and I can't see someone saying that to the GM. That's as unprofessional as it gets.

3. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

that's my thinking as well... but there were reports, that the coaching staff and people in the Pelicans FO wanted the Lakers deal. "Orders" came from the very top.

LTLakerFan and abeer3 like this.
  4. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Here comes Middleton and Boogie :giggle::sick:

sirronstuff and abeer3 like this.
  5. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

or jimmy butler's homewreckin' a**.

but yeah, i guess you just hope not to get mozdeng'd.

6. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately, if AD isn't traded to us in the offseason (which I believe happens ONLY if we land in the top 3 of the draft and can send the pick with 2 of our prospects), we will almost assuredly punt and roll the cap space over another year. I think Mozdeng has left the front office gun shy about signing ANYONE to more than a one-year deal unless they are a bonafide star.

And as a result next season will be a wasted season as well.

abeer3 likes this.
  7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

i really hope not. not to keep harping on it, but we can commit a lot of long-term salary and still maintain the ability to open up a max slot for davis in 2020 (by basically dumping all kids, which we would in trade, anyway).

i'd like to see some solid plan Bs and Cs and Ds after the Ks all reject us.

8. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

this is not a Corp business, there is emotions involved and hurt feelings....the Spurs have done it, Indy has done it in regards to not even willing to deal with us on good faith. Pelicans did not fire Demps because he wasn't willing to speak with Maginka as "some" would have suggested, they fired him cause his team construction has led to AD wanting out. Pelican ownership could've easily over stepped Demps and forced that trade to go through if they really wanted to deal with the Lakers

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    LTLakerFan and abeer3 like this.
  9. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

So if the end game for the Pels is Tatum da gawd, but Ainge only does it to seal the engagement (ie re-up) with Ky then maybe Ainge needs to figure out what her potential hubby really wants.

And the narrative has always been that the Pels feel the Lakers deal will still be there in the summer while they hope to get Boston to surrender Tatum. So if the Pels accept a Taintless Boston trade, they and their new GM will be the a**** of the league and their fanbase will surely revolt.

Meanwhile, Zo seems to once again contradict what "his camp" wants and is saying the right things to limit sinking his trade value.

[​IMG]

10. vasashi17

Being the 1st guy to be interviewed is pretty telling, right? Out of most the Pels GM candidates, you would think the most pro-Laker trading partner choice has to be Griff. From Cleveland, Griff has extensive relations with RichPaul/Klutch, who reps AD now.

11. OmarE

OmarE - Lakers Starter -

This would be the perfect storm for us. Griff gift wrap AD for Bonga!!!!

sirronstuff likes this.
  12. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Noooooooo ...... c'mon Man. Anyone but Bongo. 2nd coming of Magic himself.

:Magicwow4:

sirronstuff likes this.
  13. vasashi17

Damn...looks like dude is staying.

Giving the good ol' bird salute means he staying a Pelican, right?

We'll treat you better here bruh. Just avoid murals and stepping into higher management.

What's 15k after getting hit with a 50 piece for tampering.

sirronstuff likes this.
  14. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

To be fair, I think AD is only coming via trade if we get a bit of luck in the ping pong balls.

sirronstuff likes this.
  15. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

Windhorst mentioned he feels zion is the only thing that would temp the pels to trade with us. Adding #2-4 pick plus our original offer still wouldn’t be good enough.

Savory Griddles likes this.
  16. Savory Griddles

And if we get Zion, we ain't trading him for AD. Nobody in the league would likely trade the 19 year old Zion for the injury prone 25 year old AD. But I disagree with Windy here. If Kyrie leaves, the C Bags are out since Tatum would be off the table. You can't trade Tatum leaving you with AD/Hayward/Brown/Rozier/Horford. That team isn't making the Finals. Probably isn't making the ECF even. So AD would leave. Who else is trading for him when they know it's a rental? We know he'd resign here, so we can trade more for him. At the end of the day, if we jump into the top 4 of the draft and can offer (theoretically) RJ Barrett, Kuzma, Ball and another first rounder, are the Pelicans really going to turn down that type of package for something significantly less attractive just because they hate the Lakers? Especially since in doing so, they are really only keeping AD away from us for an extra season because he probably walks to us the next offseason any way. I get that they might be willing to take a slightly inferior offer out of spite, but are they going to take, for instance, a package like the Raptors gave up for Kawhi?

Punk-101 likes this.
  17. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Pelicans are not going to trade him to us because there will be a pakcage from the Clippers or C Bags that will be less than ours but just good enough to satisfy Pels fans and Pels to justify the deal and for the media to not rip them apart...and the only team that I'm worried about that can actually beat our offer would be the KNICKS if they win the lotto...my hope is they slip to 4th or 5th and we somehow jump up to the top 3...and of course, we need Kyrie to bolt from Boston which looks very likely right now!

Our pick needs to be higher than the C Bags and Knicks in order for us to get the edge....and if we somehow win the lotto...I don't trade Zion for AD...you make the Pels BEG and then we give them Zion and Josh Hart for AD...all the other kids stay.

18. Savory Griddles

What package could beat the #2 or 3 pick with Lonzo, Kuz and another first? Like I said, if Kyrie leaves, the C Bags aren't going to offer up Tatum for a rental. So Brown, Smart and a couple mid-first rounders? All the Clippers picks are mid firsts, and none of their players are going to move the needle on their own in a trade. If the trade is RJ Barrett, Lonzo, Kuz, and an additional future first, there's no way New Orleans says no to that if the alternative is Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart and the 14th, 20th and 22nd pick. That package gives you two rotation players, maybe borderline starters, and a complete crapshoot at those positions in the draft.

Toneloc likes this.
  19. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

I hear you man i'm jsut saying ive seen this story before...pelicans have dealt with the clippers in the past to spurn us as well...so I can def see that happening again...maybe it's Gallo (having a career year), Shamet (eveyrone loves this guy) and 3 firsts for AD? And one of those firsts is an unprotected Miami pick in 2021 I believe...so there's value in that where NOP can justify the deal. I'm not sayin the Clippers or C Bags can offer a better package...I'm saying I can see the Pels be SO stubborn that they will not deal AD no matter what we throw at them and the ONLY way they deal with us is if we somehow get the #1 pick...at which point I tell them to f*** off

20. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    Klutch really effed up that situation

SamsonMiodek, LTLakerFan and Cookie like this.