All You Ever Wanted To Know About Kobe The Business Person

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LTLakerFan, Nov 14, 2016.

1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Just came across an article tonight on Yahoo from USA Today that starts with a typical Kobe, but untypical any other basketball player, piece of strategy about how to use "empathy" for your opponent to help destroy their team in the game. It's humorous but it speaks volumes about how brilliant he was on the mental side of the game plus all of the physical preparation and skills perfected.

Also in that article linked immediately below is a fascinating talk he gives to a celebrity Wall Street Journal host in front of an audience of business people. Kobe comfortable as can be and engaged as can be in the "process" of his new focus on his business life. This guy is like Yoda with his intelligence and focus on detail.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...egy-he-used-to-tear-nba-teams-apart/93784376/

In the course of his talk about 2/3 of the way through some information comes up on the screen that mentions what I thought was his partner's name after on the left saying Kobe Bryant CEO of Kobe Inc and Bryant Stibel to the right of that. LOL.... I go to Google looking for "images of Bryant Stibel "to see who is this guy that Kobe trusts with his money and full out efforts in the business world as much as he trusted Derek Fisher to hit clutch 3 pointers when the team desperately needed them, and was open rather than Kobe taking the shot. Well ..... Bryant Stibel is the name of that company actually .... both their last names. Here is the company site link below for all you want to know about who is in their portfolio and earning their backing to date, with links to those companies. Has more context if his WSJ interview / speaker engagement above is listened to first.

Kobe's my guy. I know he's many other's guy here as well on LakersBall. Hope some will enjoy these links.

http://www.bryantstibel.com/about/

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    tada and sirronstuff like this.
  2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    I'm looking forward to seeing what his company produces on the story side.

LTLakerFan likes this.