2018 Playoff Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by alam1108, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    This right here is one of if not the main difference we're seeing this series from the Warriors and its the Rockets forcing them to do this because I know GSW didn't all of a sudden want to play this way.

2. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    I'm sure all have heard the news by now but CP3 is officially out for Game 6 which is not surprising at all. Hamstring injuries are usually 2-4 week injuries to recover from and can be even longer

Also..

3. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

That Clipper and a-Hole stink always going to clip?

4. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I think it's a gamble on Houston's part. Concede Game 6 basically, let their guys rest up for two days, then dare Golden State to win on the road for Game 7 in Houston.

5. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Gonna bite them in the a**.

6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i totally do this. plus, with the lazy, entitled play from gs, harden goes nova and you can steal the series without paul.

unbelievable how poorly gs has played. poor focus, poor strategy, obvious tight sphincters. this is your dynasty?

7. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

The Warriors just got handed a gigantic gift. They better not ease up because he’s not out there. Crush them, break their spirits.

8. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i don't think the latter is possible. these aren't harden's rockets anymore. they don't lay down.

9. Bryant

Bryant - Lakers 6th Man -

I think the thing to do (on Houston's side) is to feel out Game 6. They won Games 4 and 5 despite shooting awfully. That has to give them confidence. If they can get one good day of shooting, it might be the dagger.

10. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Cp3 can be a d***...but that's something I actually don't mind about the dude. Sometimes it comes off corny (see secret Staple tunnels), but for years I was thinking Curry is straight punking dudes and no one really tried to check him cause he's a nice guy. If he's doing the Curry shake on teams, try to make him eat that stupid a** dance back. Don't injure him, but lay his a** out! When Cp3 does bully ball on Steph on the block and gives him his own shimmy back, I totally dig that.... especially in this buddy buddy climate the NBA has turned into (Cp3 is guilty of this too btw).

Anyways, it's crazy where Cp3's career projection would have been had Stern decided to allow Cp3 passage to the Lakers. Its likely him and Kob get at least one title together. Instead, he's best known for cLippn in the postseason and those State Farm commercials...or are they Allstate commercials?...either way, you get the idea.

From the looks of it, it appears to be a grade 1 strain, but without imaging, a physical exam (which Houston will strategically withhold), there's no way to really know the severity. Grade1 strains can have a normal individual back inside 1.5 weeks. An athlete with 24 hour resources obviously can get back sooner. Really interesting to see how much he wants to rush back seeing how this summer he's an UFA and looking at probably his last payday.

Btw, I agree with your assessment on D'antoni and Harden winning a title... Just bad all the way around. Surprisingly tho, a D'antoni/Harden team is actually playing defense and maybe that had something to do with Cp3 (who missed All-defensive teams for the 1st time this season after making it on 7 straight times).

11. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

OK, game 6 most likely goes to the Warriors. I would not be surprised if it's a blowout. But can they win in Houston?

sirronstuff likes this.
  12. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Bron looks pretty determined today.

13. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

Look, I know we gotta hate the C Bags, but y'all already forget Gilbert's involvement in the cp3 veto and then the league bending over backwards to give him the #1 pick to get Wiggins to trade for love to get lebron to come back home?

14. Weezy

I’m not rooting for Gilbert, I’m rooting against Ainge. Have you forgotten that Lurch saved Ainge’s career by gifting him Garnett in that trade? F*** them for that nonsense.

Anyway, hate aside, LeBron is having one of the greatest individual playoffs I’ve seen, 44 points tonight, and he just hit back to back step back threes in Tatum’s face as the shot clock was expiring. What can you say when a player has added stuff like that to his game that he didn’t used to have at all, it’s remarkable. I don’t like him, but I have to respect that.

15. Weezy

What do you do against this? This is the stuff we loved Kobe for. Props to him for this performance

16. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Jeezus .... 2 freaking monster create space and 3 point daggers with 3-2 minutes left by LeBron. Then a 3rd twisting dagger with a drive. 46 points. The guy is clearly on his last legs.

:Crazyartest:

17. Jazzygirl205

Jazzygirl205 - Rookie -

I hope he puts 60 on them game 7. Sick of the C Bags.

18. shoe

shoe - Rookie -

Amazing performance...but it just feels like this could be his last year being this dominant, he's putting it all out there right now.

alam1108 and lakerjones like this.
  19. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Not surprised at all. Going 7 against the C Bags. I still think Beantown takes it at their place. They don't cower like the Craptors. Even tonight they kept fighting.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  20. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Not too sure what to think about the Warriors any more. They played some stupid ball down the stretch the last two games. Maybe they just don't want it. I still anticipate a game 7 but I'm not even sure Chris Paul sitting out is enough for the Warriors to win the way they let Eric Gordon walk all over them last night. Pretty weak showing from them these past couple. Maybe, hopefully they get their mojo back at home tomorrow.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Barnstable likes this.