2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Now all year you have to root the other way.

2. LTLakerFan

Ummm .... Randle created that stamina last summer and early in the year. Or you say No he wasn't in good enough shape still?

SamsonMiodek likes this.
  3. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Go ask Rob Pelinka and Magic Johnson. Let us know what they say.....

4. LTLakerFan

I got you who knows what was in their heads ... why bother. Now it's Randle didn't have the stamina either.

[​IMG]

5. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

deng/1st/rights to bonga for jr smith/korver...we buy out jr right after, he doeshave a small guarantee on his 2nd yr but we can stretch that amt (like a mill or something like that)...korver is in 2yr deal but his 19' season $ is equivalent of a deng stretched amt so i believe we'll still have cap for a max deal....korver would be an solid mentor to our shooters, hes very good at moving off ball to get open, imagine him at the 2 and svi at the 3 at times

6. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

7. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Interesting on Capela. They offered him 85 million, but over 5 years which is significantly lower than other "top Centers" annually. Rudy Gobert got 4/107 or something and Adams got 4/100 so both of them averaging 25 million or more a year.

It'd be delicious if Capela played for the QO. That's a recipe for an unhappy player and a tough season for the team while the player is a little more careful and a little less inclined to go the extra mile for a franchise he doesn't feel is willing to go the extra mile for him.

8. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

What the heck, who are these players’ agents??
    [​IMG]

9. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

I think we can keep our draft pick in that scenario couldn’t we?

svtzr likes this.
  10. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

maybe 2 2nds but considering its clev its unlikely we can get away with such a cheap price

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  11. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

Not trying to be negative here btw. Just from a talent standpoint alone I think a few teams in the West have us beat.

But more importantly, there's going to be a decent adjustment period. LeBron is going to change the way all of these guys play, including the veterans. I wouldn't be surprised to see us start out closer to .500 for the first 10-15 games and endure a media [expletive]storm.

To figure out how we are going to fare, I will need to see our offense and defense. We can be a top 3 team in the West if Luke focuses on putting LeBron in the post and creating from there. I personally don't have the faith that BI and Kuzma will make massive jumps, and that Luke will design a good offense, but all of that remains to be seen.

sirronstuff likes this.
  12. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

Straight from the horses mouth, Rob Pelinka:

13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

i think i said this previously, but i understand capela's frustration. is morey right that his value is probably more like 15 per than 25 per? absolutely. but you can't hype a player through the media for years and tell him and his agent how great he is (really, in morey's case, this is all to pump his own rep, imo), and then show up with a lowball offer in RFA talks. you're going to damage that relationship.

what's capela's motivation to play through injury, do the dirty work, etc.? you're james harden's caddy, son! we'll pay you less than ryan anderson.

i hope he takes the QO and checks out on them, mentally.

i also hope (and think) we were one of the teams that told him that if he sits tight this year, there's a chance we'll make him an offer next summer. #playthegame

14. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    I’d say Lebron misses 15 games next year, we find ourselves challenged to determine who our go to scorer in crunch time is, and start off slow figuring out best how to play and our rotations. Luke seems to adjust slowly

bfc1125roy, karacha and Josecapone like this.
  15. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Kuzma. Although KCP will try to be Kobe again, for sure.

16. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    Pop: "I understand Kawhi, so we'll trade you and we'll make you happy."

Also Pop: "Trade his a** to another country, and see how he likes the freezing cold mwhahahahahahaha"

Cookie, tada, TIME and 3 others like this.
  17. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

Looking at the playoff teams from last year...

1. Houston has lost Ariza and Mbah A Moute and they’re having issues with Capela. CP will get hurt, not wishing him harm, but that’s his pattern. Even still I see them as the 1st, 2nd or 3rd seed. They’re not built for the regular season for nothing.
    2. We know what Golden State is and has. 1st or 2nd seed.
    3. Portland has the same roster as last year. They got swept. I don’t see anything different with them. I think they swap spots from last year. 6th seed.
    4. Realistically, I believe OKC will win 50 games this year, but they will probably be the 5th seed.
    5. Utah is a year older and if everyone stays healthy, I actually see them making noise in the West. They may meet up with OKC again and do them dirty again imo. 4th or 5th seed
    6. The Pelicans are depleted. Lost Rondo and Cousins. Added Randle and Elfrid Payton. They were the 6th seed last year. If they make the playoffs I think they’ll be 8th seed??.
    7. Who knows what’s happening with the Spurs. Lost Tony Parker and are all a year older. For the Spurs that’s not a good thing. They were the 7th seed last year without Kawhi. Will Kawhi play, will he not? Will he be traded before the first game or at the deadline? If he plays, not too sure how engaged he will be. 7th seed again??, could be 5th seed if he plays so. They are hard to gauge, but if they don’t make the playoffs Minnesota will.
    8. Denver has the same roster they had from last year and they are a year older. That same roster won 46 games and we had a hard time defending them. They added one of my favorite prospects in MPJ. If he gets and stays healthy, I think he could be the best player in this draft. See them at 4th or 5th seed.
    9. Minnesota won 47 games last year and almost missed the playoffs by one game. I believe they will miss the playoffs this year. They will probably win 45+ games, but with the resurgence of the Lakers and what I believe to be a better Denver team, I think they just miss it. If the Spurs implode then I believe they take their spot.

Suns, Grizzlies, Mavericks, Kings, and Clippers aren’t making the playoffs. Out of that group though, I see the Suns making the biggest jump and winning 35+ games. I think they will be that team that everyone hates to play, but won’t be good enough to make the playoffs. Ariza, Knight, Chandler, and Dudley are their vets.

This is all barring no injuries or minimal injuries to all teams. 1st seed would be our Cinderella story and honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened, but realistically I believe we can be anywhere from the 4th seed to the 2nd seed. And we probably end up at 3rd.

18. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

We're looking at a 4-8 seed right now. Lots can and will happen between now and April, though.

sirronstuff likes this.
  19. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    You’re forgetting the Clippers with their superstar trio of CP3, Blake and DJ....

sirronstuff, OmarE, alam1108 and 2 others like this.
  20. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Some facinating quotes in here. A little look into the back channels of the sport.

sirronstuff, Cookie, OmarE and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.