2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

In 3 years BI will be a more exciting player than PG. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. If LaVar can say **** so can I. Then what. We watch that all star career in another uniform with his prime long past when PG starts to decline. Bunch of greedy peeps sometimes. First it was PG. Not enough. Then it's LBJ and PG or bust. And now we have potentially 4 stars or exceptional players of our own on the Lakers with exciting current statistics for their ages and their games development right now for cheap and pfffft! Let's just keep one of those and its AD, LBJ and PG or bust.

No thank you.

alam1108 likes this.
  2. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure that's true (Ball vs Ingram) and Ball's size and versatility makes him an ideal PG in today's NBA. Ball is tall enough to guard 1-3 pretty effectively and has even switched on to PFs at times. With the lack of generally competent post players, he's a perfect NBA PG.

3. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

2019 plan starting to take hits

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/02...s-whole-career/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Cookie, sirronstuff and TIME like this.
  4. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Klay's always said this. He's always been pretty much "pipe".

sirronstuff likes this.
  5. therealdeal

Agreed. Klay has had a consistent message from day one.

I think the 2019 plan is honestly more far fetched than 2018. Anyone really think Kawhi is leaving? Klay? Kyrie is a tenuous maybe, but I could see him signing an extension in Boston. Does Jimmy Butler leave a developing situation in Minnesota?

In reality you're looking at maybe Kemba Walker, Kevin Love, Marc Gasol, Khris Middleton, Harrison Barnes, and Goran Dragic. Not a terrible list, but... not necessarily inspiring either. I'd like Kemba and maybe Love depending on cost.

6. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

ingram passes lead to open looks, ball passes to create other ball movts, in the end if force to pass more while scoring in bunches with 3 other stars, id take Ingram. with lebron on that hypothetical team along with pg ,passing is a premium already between those 3 but having 2 elite wings between pg/ingram on the perimiter on both sides of the ball is better than having ball

Also if say best case scenario n ball is a kidd type player while bi becomes pg like, i will take pg over kidd

7. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

Honestly, we just need one big name. All this talk about getting two is a little farfetched for me, but if we could lure/trade for one, without sacrificing our core and flexibility, it gets the ball rolling for others start second guessing.

Who would've thought Shaq would've left his comfy situation in Orlando, granted, they screwed that one up big time, but you never know. All we need is to target one name out there that is hungry and the reel them in.

Barnstable, Cookie and LTLakerFan like this.
  8. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Except that as of right now, he can't shoot. I agree with everything you said, except shooting has become such a huge part of today's game, I'm not sure you can afford to have someone who can't hit from outside.

abeer3 likes this.
  9. therealdeal

Eh he was shooting about 35.6% from outside from December and January before he went down with that injury.

Ball- 35%
    George- 43%
    LeBron- 36%
    Davis- 30-33%

That's more than fine. If you find a way to keep Kuzma, that's more than enough shooting. I'm not saying I'm trying to trade Ingram, he's playing tremendously right now, I'm just saying it's way too early to start slowly burying Ball. The kid has been hurt so I understand fans forgetting what Lonzo was doing, but he was averaging 10/7/7/1.5 on the season as a 20 year old kid with steadily improving efficiency. Let's all take a breath on trying to declare one or another kid over him while he's not able to stick up for himself on the court.

Cookie and TIME like this.
  10. lakerfan2

His shooting started to improve once Luke moved him off ball in the half court set, with Ingram running Point Forward.

From Nov to Dec, his 3PT% went from 24% to 38%, then 32% in January.

In contrast, Ingram's shot was broken his rookie year, with exception to his ability off the dribble. His jumper is miles better this year from last.

I was concerned to begin the year, but I think the pressure of running an offense was hampering Lonzo's shot with decision making he's not used to quite yet.

11. Savory Griddles

You're right that it's too early to take a side between them, but if it's between those two in an Anthony Davis trade, there is no Lavar Ingram that I know of.

12. therealdeal

I mean... I don't know where you come up with this stuff. Seriously.

You realize that Ingram has played 55 games and has 193 assists when Lonzo has played in 36 and has 255 assists?
    You realize Lonzo averages almost twice as many assists per game as Brandon with nearly the same turnovers per game?

Even in this fabulous tear that Ingram has been on, he's averaging 5.7 assists per game which would be more than a full assist lower than Lonzo as the PG. There are so many ways you could have tried to frame this argument and this is just hilariously the wrong choice.
    This is your best argument, although it's an incomplete one: it's better to have two defensive, versatile wings than one defensive, versatile PG. I disagree. Ball has proven to be a great defender, passer, and rebounder for not only his position, but his age range especially. He has the height and athleticism to be able to switch almost every screen (can't guard bigger 4/5s) and the intelligence to take advantage of just about any situation on the floor. The kid is as transcendent as we could have reasonably hoped. He misses a few games and you seem to have forgotten how talented of a player Lonzo is.
    That's probably a mistake.

The point is for you to say so cavalier that Ingram will be better than Lonzo is an assumption and one that I don't think can or should be made right now. Lonzo in his limited time has shown a prowess for basketball that none of our other kids have. He lacks consistent aggression, but the talent is undeniable. Ingram has a good feel and Kuzma has a great feel for scoring, but neither of them see the game the way Lonzo does. If we're trading away kids, Lonzo should be the last one moved followed swiftly by Ingram, then Kuzma, then Hart.

Cookie, TIME and gcclaker like this.
  13. therealdeal

I'm not going to trade Lonzo just because his dad is a dingleberry. Lonzo is too talented for that. Would I trade him for AD? I probably would, but I wouldn't offer any of the other major pieces (Ingram, Kuzma, Hart). They can have Bryant, Zubac, and some picks. And Deng to match salaries.

sirronstuff likes this.
  14. Savory Griddles

I wouldn't trade him based on his Dad for the heck of it, but if the Pelicans give me a choice of who to trade between Ingram and Ball, Lavar definitely factors into the equation cause I think it's pretty close.

Granted, that scenario probably never happens since with Holiday on their cap at that unmovable salary, they would take Ingram.

And I'd offer both of them for Davis. They can have Ingram, Ball, a resigned Randle and our 2020 first. We use the Cavs pick to move Deng. Sign PG13. Sign Kemba Walker in 2019.

Walker/Hart/PG/Kuzma/Davis with a nice 4-5 year window.

15. lakerfan2

16. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

that looks like the current pelican team....holiday=walker, pg=dmc,

17. therealdeal

I can't recall exactly what the deal is, but there's some sort of complication with sign and trades that I think would make this really difficult to pull off (sending Randle as part of the package).

Lavar doesn't really factor to me at all. He's nothing but a nuisance and as long as Lonzo is comfortable and, more importantly, performing, I honestly couldn't care less what that bag of hot air is spewing. But to be fair, I'm also immune to the charms of the Khardasians and all the other stupid "reality" shows today, so maybe I'm just not giving it enough due.

It's an interesting question: if the Pelicans asked for two of Ball, Ingram, and Kuzma to get AD (plus a pick or two), which would I prefer to keep?

Assuming we're signing at least George, I want Lonzo on the team. He's the perfect teammate on the floor and would be an excellent buffer between ball-dominant stars. I think we're underestimating what his game means to a FA. Imagine a guy that elevates you constantly even though he doesn't need the ball all the time. One of the most remarkable things about Lonzo is his ability to rack up assists with a dirt low usage%. There's just not many people (any?) in the league right now that can do that. Guys like George and LeBron who want the ball a little less, but still want control? That's perfect for them. And a guy like Davis... I mean look what he was doing with Rondo.

18. Savory Griddles

Holiday and Walker are somewhat comparable, but PG is a better player than Boogie and makes for a more well rounded team than the Pelicans have. Kuzma and Hart are better than anyone on the Pelicans roster other than Holiday, AD and Cousins.

19. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

if we just using 3pt shooting, mirotic matches kuz but i dont like your team at all lol...id prefer we keep 1 of ball or ingram n i dont like walkers gm much either. preference i guess

20. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

if 2 max happens, we should offer full mle to tyreke...he'd check 3 boxes for us, backup pg, backup wing, bench scoring...his 3pt shooting has vastly inproved, hes always been able to attack the paint at will, with better shooters n him a willing passer our bench could be quite dynamic with hart n kuz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.