2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

...except Kevin Garnett.

Juronimo, Kenzo, sirronstuff and 2 others like this.
  2. The Showtime Mamba

The Showtime Mamba - Lakers 6th Man -

Ever since Barkley stopped dunkin basketballs and started dunkin donuts instead he has been like this. Too fat and old to change direction he picks an opinion and keeps hold of it like a dog with a bone. It is this behavior that would ruin him if he bet on professional sports.

That being said, one of my favorite players ever (liked him better than Jordan as a kid) with his savage physicality. This stubbornness is probably what made him a hall of famer, but a poor analyst at times and likely a disaster as a coach or GM if given the chance.

End of the day he can say what he wants even though it disappoints me as too many people today are trying to control others and shut them up. All the more fun when he is wrong in a couple of years.

Cookie likes this.
  3. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Two interesting rumors emerge:

1) DeAndre Jordan seems to contradict the Clippers and Jerry West who said he refused to sign an extension. I'm inclined to think he absolutely turned down an offer from them, but for the Clippers to put that out there in the media makes DeAndre look bad to his fan base. Maybe the Clippers don't care, but it hurts DeAndre in the short term with his standing among fans. Not the biggest deal, but another indication that he's likely on his way out if he isn't getting along with the FO. I'm hoping he ends up in Dallas after everything is said and done. It'd be poetic in a way and it would mean the Mavs spent their money on him instead of us.

2) Cavaliers offered their 1st round pick to the Nets for Spencer Dinwiddie, but the Nets refused. Thanks Brooklyn!

4. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

the 2nd part is bad news for dlo imo...dinwiddie is so much better than dlo now, i wouldnt be surprise if nets keep dlo on the bench even into next season n start lin/dinwiddie

5. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

6. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

dam, hous getting all these buy outs, theyre rumored to be getting joe johnson too....odd gsw isnt trying to add, theyve gotten beaten really bad this yr against okc n hou. they could have used wright considering zaza is their starting c

7. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

ya, and they will get bounced by GS in 5, so, enjoy the buyouts.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  8. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

wright and johnson would both be insurance against injuries, and houston's real hope is simply that that paul and harden are healthy and not all of gs's guys are when the playoffs arrive. it's possible. it's looking like they'll have HCA at this point, too.

separate issue: notice how the press has pivoted on cleveland in the past couple of days. pre-deadline it was: they need to use that bkn pick to bring lebron another star or he's out! now, it's: they completely overhauled the roster AND kept that pick. lebron should totally stay!

what's their investment in him staying there? seems like they think he's coming here (except the few, like me, who think he's going to houston). that usually gets them riled up. get ready for media hit pieces on ingram, ball, and kuzma as the summer approaches.

ElginTheGreat, TIME, Cookie and 2 others like this.
  9. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Yep. Noticed it right away.

Everyone except Windhorst pivoted FAST to "Cleveland won the trade deadline". Shockingly fast. Even Windhorst became more complimentary too after he gushed about us, but everyone else started working on those "the East should be scared" takes. Hardly any pieces I've read say the obvious: Cleveland traded for 4 guys and 3 of them are 25 or younger. They've rebuilt around a younger core while keeping their high draft pick. They drew the line in the sand and their young GM picked youth over the older guy who refused to commit to them. It was the right move, but I don't know how the media can pretend like all these moves were designed to keep LeBron around.

10. JohnnyComeLately2k6

JohnnyComeLately2k6 - Lakers 6th Man -

Data Vampire Buckaroo
    Let the ring-chasing begin...

abeer3 likes this.
  11. vasashi17

What MDA's offense does, is it makes alot of players stats look crazy good and then that leads to an eventual payday (see JJ here). Pair that with them avoiding the luxury tax even with these moves and it makes sense why both player and organization is willing to do these moves.

Like any MDA team, I'm still skeptical in how legit Houston is as a title contender.

12. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    adding much needed depth

they have the guns to compete in the playoffs, but Mike Dan Tony has yet to be able to win on the biggest stage.

Until he does, he's only a semi-cool gimmick

[​IMG]

13. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

They have the guns to go far in the playoffs. One guy goes cold, sub another one in. Defensively they might not be able to stop the Warriors but if it comes to a shoot out, they are prepared.

14. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    But that's the whole point isn't it? There are no shootouts in the playoffs. It always comes down to which team can play the stronger D over a seven game series. GS has proven they can D up at a championship level. Houston not so much. D'Antoni teams not so much.

15. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Bet it will be a close series though. Like this:

ZenMaster, LTLakerFan, Cookie and 5 others like this.
  16. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, but gs has been too willing to try and simply outscore teams this year. they should be concerned. houston just needs one crazy three point night on the road, and you maybe lost a series. we'll see if gs can lock down when it counts, but they haven't done it consistently (and not against houston) in the regular season, imo.

17. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I have a hard time figuring you out sometimes. I know you despise Harden and D'Antoni and Morey, but you seem to always think they have a chance at anything. Is it sort of one of those things where you hate them so much, you are trying to psychologically prepare yourself for the worst case scenario: D'Antoni and Harden Championship?

:D ;)

abeer3, tada, LTLakerFan and 5 others like this.
  18. vasashi17

Love the fact that Marco thought he had a better chance at postseason success with Philly and not OKC haha. Dude was willing to come off the bench and for the vet min, when OKC clearly could offer him a starting spot with the vet min. What does that tell you, George?

19. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

just reading tea leaves...

i think they'll get lebron because they got paul in the exact same (unexpected) way last year.

and i think they have a legit title shot because they built their roster solely to beat one team and the two other teams that could have beaten them (okc and SA) have had some serious injury issues.

i can't stand the thought that charlatans like harden, morey, and dantoni could get a ring, but that doesn't mean i'm going full ostrich on this stuff.

Savory Griddles likes this.
  20. vasashi17

His 3yr contact is:
    1.47M this season
    1.54M next season (non-guaranteed)
    1.67M as an expiring deal (non-guaranteed)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.