2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Baze is more expensive at a position we're already stacked at anyway. Unless you're willing to match Houston's offer by trading Hart/2019 1st/Deng for Bazemore, then I'm not sure there's any reason to really be angry. It's a good move for Houston given their minuscule window for competing, but for us it's not really a needle mover. With no guarantee of an opt out (say he blows an Achilles or something), I'm not worried about this move.

alam1108 likes this.
  2. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Not saying you are necessarily thinking this way, but I think it's wrong not to exploit Bron in year 1. I don't think we should be in a holding pattern till next summer when we can add proven (and not potential) help to Bron.

Oh and btw Deng would still be on the books. I think we should proactively look for a Deng deal cause it at least brings in someone that can help in the short term and be flipped for a long-term fit later. If an equivalent Deng contract like Anderson gets moved, before Deng does, for an asset that can help in the now, it's a wasted opportunity imho.

Also if it's Melton for Htown, it wouldn't be Hart for us...it would be our 2018 2nd round pick (either Sv33 or Bonga).

3. therealdeal

I'm not saying we shouldnt look to move Deng, but we have to be selective in our move. I'm not moving him unless it leads to an improved roster (disgruntled star) or we get future money off the books (expiring). Bazemore with a Player Option just doesn't move the needle for me.

And of course they're asking for Hart from us and Melton from Houston. C'mon now. The whole reason we haven't moved Deng yet is reportedly because teams are asking for at least one of our young players. Svi wouldn't move the needle for ATL.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and alam1108 like this.
  4. vasashi17

Melton was a 2018 2nd round pick that went 46th overall. Hart is a 2017 1st round pick that went 30th overall.

Atl has Trae and Lin at PG so not sure why Melton would be a demand of theirs...I can see why they would want Hart, but Sv33 is a SG/SF the way that Baze is and if their asking price is a 2018 2nd round pick along with a future 1st round pick to take on Anderson, then I don't see why we can't offer them Sv33 or Bonga instead of Hart. Plus with Sv33, it fits what Atl is trying to do in terms of bringing in shooters (see Young and Huerter).

Also interesting thing to note is that KCP/RichPaul have included a 15% trade kicker (only free agent this summer that has one) in that contract which would pay him 1.8m on top of the 12m he's owed. Dude has an effective no-trade clause as an early Bird candidate, but he's from Georgia and went to school and played there. I'm thinking, he probablyconsents on a trade back home.

5. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

but hou isnt salary dumping, they're trying to get bazemore back right? also atl has their own rookie shooter, huerter n we gona need svi shooting....id offer them 2 1st, along with zu/deng for dedmon if they still have enough space to do this trade. then use tpe from diff of deng vs dedmon contract n aborb some other team expiring thats looking to get under tax, say bos for morris/2nd rd pick. Morris is useful in spurts

6. vasashi17

It's obvious Htown can't find someone to dump Anderson on...so they rather take on another potential bad contract but with a player that fits their need.

All I'm saying is that we try to find the same type of deal for Deng without giving up many assets. The thing about Baze is that he has more value than Deng, has a better contract that may allow it to become an expiring and can play wing defense which is a premium in this league since all teams are gravitating to the 3ball riding this dubs splash wave.

If we can dump Deng, then take on a potential 2 year deal like Baze cause at least he will see playing time, contribute for us and had potential to be moved later for a distressed asset (see Kawhi and how Toronto could potentially take on a perimeter defensive wing like Baze along with some incentives if Kawhi demands/threatens out).

abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.
  7. therealdeal

Yes I recall their draft positions. That's really inconsequential. No team is calling asking for Svi. He looks great, but every team thinks they have a Svi somewhere on their roster. Hart is an actual asset. Teams will ask for him. Maybe that means a lesser pick, but they're not taking Svi when we have Hart.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and alam1108 like this.
  8. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

reading that noah gona get stretched...vet min offer? who do we drop for him?

9. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

this was what my post was about. i don't want bazemore that much, but he's an nba rotation player (as opposed to a corpse). i will be annoyed if houston swaps anderson for a useful player without giving up an asset while we sit on deng, that's all. hopefully, we were in the bidding here and that's why it's gone dormant.

anyone who will take anderson has to at least consider taking deng. thus, if anderson is moved without pain, i'll be perturbed.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  10. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

I wouldn't want to take time away from Zu and Mo. Though I still don't really get the pass on Lopez especially since January he was hitting 3s @ a 37% clip. Mo shot 3s horribly in summer league and Zu hasn't shown any reliable kind of shot in any quantity other that at the rim. Noah is just more of the same there and he's been injured badly for 3 years. I like the dude, and he kinda fits in this motley crew personality-wise. If he is fully healthy and ready to roll, and we didn't have the 2 young guys, it's interesting but then you stunt the growth of both Zu and Mo. We got to figure out what we have or don't have with Zu. Same with Mo. Bringing in Lopez and Bogut hurt Zu, he went from 16 minutes to almost none and of course his numbers were terrible as a result.

I say between Javelle, Zu, Mo and small ball options using LBJ and even Beasley we run with what we got and see if we can't make a man out of Zu and see some promise in Mo. Can't do that without play time. I see crunch-times being small ball anyways. If we can keep a cheap center rotation for several years it would help.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  11. JohnnyComeLately2k6

JohnnyComeLately2k6 - Lakers 6th Man -

Data Vampire Buckaroo
    Screw this guy, IMO:
    Source: https://www.silverscreenandroll.com...akers-free-agency-kent-bazemore-atlanta-hawks

12. Jaguar

Jaguar - Lakers 6th Man -

13. vasashi17

Thank you!

I'm not sure what's getting lost in translation here. The Hawks asking price to take Anderson in exchange for Baze is Melton (2018 2nd rounder) and a future 1st round pick. Houston said no thx cause they like Melton, so that scenario is at a stalemate right now.

We can swoop in with our 2018 2nd round pick (Sv33 or Bonga) and a future 1st to swap Deng for Baze...although I would hope we can bargain that future 1st with protections that will likely turn them into 2 2nd rounders.

As for Baze, at least dude is a defensive wing and matches our SmashBro-print for this coming season. Why sit on Deng any longer...bring in a player that can earn that check.

Actually I disagree buddy.

Imo, screw Mitch & Jimmy...what a dumb*** decision that was. We coulda had Baze contributing for these last couple years instead of Deng just sitting in the lockerroom collecting a check. They wanted to be abstinent on a 1m QO and then proceed to s*** the bed with fully committing 136m over 4 yrs to MozDeng. W.t.f.?.

14. JohnnyComeLately2k6

JohnnyComeLately2k6 - Lakers 6th Man -

Data Vampire Buckaroo
    Oh yeah, definitely screw those two more than anyone else in the organization at that time, which has been said a gazillion times here, but Baze saying what he said just rubs me the wrong way. He should've just shut up and moved on.

LTLakerFan and gcclaker like this.
  15. vasashi17

I hear ya Johnny...I just have way too much hate in my eyes for Jimmy/Mitch to see fault in all the players that may have thrown shade at our previous FO (which is fully deserving imho).

16. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

17. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

vash wouldnt it be dope if league lets you amnesty contracts given out by any gm that gets fired for incompetence? lol, league would be epic

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and Juronimo like this.
  18. vasashi17

Khmrp dope and necessary bro haha

For being a Jerry West student...wtf was Mitch thinking with that MozDeng signing? I don't care how much of a yes man he was...if Jimmy comes to him and says we need to sign MozDeng to a committed 4 year 136m, you got to take out that supposed "magic wand" and make the dude that's going to make you lose your job, disappear.

Seriously good riddens to them lames that were in charge of our basketball ops. Couldn't stand what they were doing to our Lakers.

#BasketballOops

Jaguar, JohnnyComeLately2k6 and Khmrp like this.
  19. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

20. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Shoulda woulda coulda with Randle this year which IMO is a worse FU that is going to bite us for the rest of his career, with Magic and Rob at the helm. He shoulda been the baddest smash bro of all of them. I understand why but it went down so badly he never even said goodbye to LA and I don't blame him.

Randle at the 5 with this smash bro at the 4? Holy f***! Sooooo bad wanted to see that on the floor a lot.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/08/09/lebron-james-lakers-workout-photo/

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.