2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Depending on the severity, Boogie is most likely off my plan B list if we whiff on all the A listers. Potentially another long term recovery and lost roster spot for half the year.

Again we'll have to wait and see what the MRI says. But...

2. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

Kawhi had similar issues. It took him awhile to get back to normal.

I'm don't wish injury on anybody, but I'm relieved this happened for our sake. I'd rather get Nikola Vucevic as our plan B option if AD/Kawhi doesn't go through.

This team plays better with true play-in-paint bigs. When Javale was balling, we were at our best. When Zubac got his mojo back in the 2nd half of the season, our bench improved significantly. Even when Tyson had his good days, we were better with his 90 year old legs than our PF's playing center.

I know Lebron loves jump-shooting bigs, but this may be something he'll need to sacrifice for the betterment of the team.

3. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Vuc is a jump shooting big though

4. revgen

He had a very good year shooting the 3pt shot this season. I'm not sure if it's a fluke (contract year) or if he can keep that up.

5. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

just responding to your post that Vuc is an inside big, he is as much of inside big as lopez was, I think both prefer to shoot jump shots rather than bang in side. Marc Gasol pretty much eliminated his inside presence in gm one, so we'll see what happens to tonight but I think Vuc can be handle if his defender is as big/physical as he is tho, he looked beastly against us cause Mcgee can't handle post presence or 3pt shooting bigs...obviously we all rather spend money on something better but if we need another C that can do the job just hit up Brolo n get him back, he can do just about everything Vuc does (without being featured), I'd hate to see us spending near max or high 20+ per yr on a C like Vuc who is a bad defender/paint protector.

6. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Agreed. Vuc is not even someone I would remotely consider unless it was something along the lines of us signing Kawhi first, then maybe some sort of sign and trade where we send them Hart and a first and a second or something along those lines. Essentially we have to be confident that whoever we are adding Vuc to is a title contender now and even after Lebron leaves.

LTLakerFan and Khmrp like this.
  7. revgen

I wouldn't mind bringing BroLo back, but I can't see why he'd want to. We had our chance and let him go.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  8. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Come on over

karacha, OmarE, revgen and 3 others like this.
  9. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

money talks n u should watch this orl/tor matchup, old man gasol is owning Vuc....dude look like he just going thru the motions n tor is tearing up orl interior d cause vuc dont challenge nothing

10. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

On Kemba being an option. Mentions Kemba, AD, and Dray as three guys who wouldn't be deterred from playing next to Bron

abeer3 and sirronstuff like this.
  11. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Our big get this summer

sirronstuff, abeer3, Kenzo and 3 others like this.
  12. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Kawhi and KD to the Clippers and we get Kemba, Melo and coach Kidd. Shoot me now.

sirronstuff likes this.
  13. OmarE

OmarE - Lakers Starter -

alam1108 likes this.
  14. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    Colin suggests Hail Mary to go all in on AD and sign Jimmy Butler

15. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
  16. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'
    I wonder if the Lakers (Or OKC for that matter) would entertain a trade for PG? They are in cap hell for the next few years. Give them some of the young guys and the cap relief they need. It’s something they would do, but I think it would take a RW/PG fallout to make that happen.

Sign Kyrie or Kemba and then trade for PG.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  17. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Trade for George???

[​IMG]

18. vasashi17

So combining this with DLo's 21m caphold and Dwill's dead money, BK has about a 30% max available in cap space. If they want to offer KD a 35% max deal, they're going to have to trade out about 8m worth of cap space, stretch Crabbe or renounce DLo.

They can still get into 2max territory if they trade and/or stretch Crabbe and renounce DLo. Both a 30% and 35% max (ie Ky and KD) if they trade (and not stretch) Crabbe along with renouncing DLo outright.

I wonder if Ainge covets DLo... wouldn't that be something?

Barring some favorable buyout scenario, wouldnt it be something if Crabbe essentially blocks a KD-Ky possibility from happening...but hey let's make fun of the Lakers for getting off those type of deals early so that we don't have to be at the mercy of a contract like Crabbe's or another team to exhaust their cap space to take on said contract.

19. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Well, we've got deng on the cap for two more years and a similarly bleak chance at kawhi/kyrie, so, yes, I can imagine the possibility.

20. vasashi17

5m on our books via buyout/stretch of Deng as opposed to 14m if we just stretched MozDeng, with a RFA 21m caphold in DLo still on the books this summer.

The Nets have Dwill's 5.5m on their books. If they stretch Crabbe (without a buyout), that's an additional 6.2m per year in dead cap the next 3 years and would put just south of 12m of dead cap on their books this summer.

If they want to add Ky-KD and those two are willing to do so, they would need Ky to agree on an opt in and trade, would need to rely on DLo to agree to a S&t to Boston and Marks would still have to overcome Ainge wanting to "win" that trade.

All that has to happen for Kawhi and KD to occur if they stretch Crabbe. But if DLo and/or Ainge dont play ball, then you would need a 3rd party to completely take in Crabbe's deal while renouncing DLo's rights. You can't stretch Crabbe if both Ky and KD want their true max and want to play together.

Imagine the thought of having KD/Ky want to team-up in BK but being blocked from doing so cause no team wants to completely absorb Crabbe's deal unless they're overly compensated?

I'm not saying there's a right or wrong approach since the young Nets did get invaluable postseason experience...but BK would lose assets and have lost a year of true contention to get 2max players like LA did...only difference is that we were taken to the shed by the media and some of our fans and oh yeah, Bron's already on the roster.

abeer3 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.