2016 NBA Playoffs WESTERN Conference Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by alam1108, Apr 15, 2016.

1. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

No I remember pretty specifically that he'd at least put the effort in on that side. Now he is quite obvious about not trying even in one-on-one situations. In this series alone I've seen Harrison Barnes blow past him 5 times or so. Harden doesn't even pretend to almost put the effort in on that side.

I think the veil is being lifted a bit here. He's become a running joke on Shaqtin a Fool and that's starting to turn the national media against him. Heck, Harden's antics have made Howard a somewhat sympathetic figure in Houston.

Weezy likes this.
  2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

he's still going to get voted to the all-nba team, which is a travesty, imo. he also almost stole the mvp last year, despite being the exact same player he is right now.

sirronstuff, RasAlgethi and Weezy like this.
  3. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

It's way past time for the Harden lovefest by the press to be over. The constant parade to the free throw line needs to end also.

4. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

honestly, i think if the former would end, so would the latter. it's how the nba works. tail wags the dog. adidas and taco bell and the press say harden's incredible, so the FTAs are "justified".

Cookie likes this.
  5. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Curry out tonight again. Good for him to rest up as much as he can, his ankles have always been troubling, don't think they need him to beat the Rockets.

Also man, what a boring first round. So many blowouts, theres been like 1 or 2 entertaining games so far. I remember last year being better.

lakerjones likes this.
  6. Exonyte

Exonyte - Rookie -

2014 first round had nearly every series go 7 games, with every game being close. those were fun series!

Warriors on the verge of being blown out tonight

alam1108 likes this.
  7. kdctran

kdctran - Rookie -

Free throw is going to be an Achilles heel for GSW. Aside from Curry, Thompson and Barnes, no one else seems to be making them.
    If Iggy plays significant minutes, he's going to be exploited like last year Finals.

8. Exonyte

Exonyte - Rookie -

I don't understand how Iggy is such a bad free throw shooter?

GS pulls to within 7, were down 17 at one point

9. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

warriors can't win road games without curry, imo. if this injury is serious, they could actually cough up the series. I suppose resting him for this one was smart either way, though, as they were sure to get Houston's best punch tonight.

still, Houston got a couple lucky shooting streaks from notoriously bad shooters in the playoffs last year and rode it to series wins. you don't want to put yourself in a position where a corey brewer five-threeball night sends you home. gotta take one of these in Houston.

10. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Man, somebody wake me up when the 2nd round starts. This round is a formality. The only drama is if Curry's ankle or foot injury is actually serious. If it isn't, wake me for Thunder/Spurs and Warriors/Clippers.

shoe likes this.
  11. alam1108

Well that was interesting.

12. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

Dumb last second play by Green. You have to actually catch the ball before you can shoot it. Let it roll off his foot.

13. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

POS harden gets away with a massive push off to hit the go ahead bucket with 2 sec. Pathetic the ref love this douche gets.

sirronstuff, shoe, lakerjones and 2 others like this.
  14. Exonyte

Exonyte - Rookie -

No curry, Klay/Draymond both had an absolutely awful game, and still only lost by 1 on the road. Would've pulled out the W if not for so many dumb turnovers by Green or dumb 3s by Klay

Green's really made a habit of stupid turnovers and fouling on 3 pointers lately

Lol @ rockets fans now saying "Harden is a god!", "Harden is a clutch superstar" and "Harden so clutch!" even though he pushed off on the last shot

15. alam1108

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...rles-barkley-game-3-win-golden-state-warriors

If you have James Harden on your team, you have no right criticizing the officiating. FOff.

16. alam1108

17. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Why does the NBA bother to say this stuff? Who does it help? The Warriors don't feel better hearing this, they feel worse, and the Rockets feel hated on by the league I'm sure. This serves no purpose. Can you imagine if they did this stupid s*** back when MJ was around? "We want to announce Michael Jordan's game winner vs the Jazz should not have counted as MJ pushed off on Bryon Russell prior to the shot", lol, thanks for sticking the knife in deeper NBA.

Exonyte and sirronstuff like this.
  18. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

I like that they do it. I agree that functionally, it means nothing, but accuracy matters, dammit. harden's a thieving bs-ing bastard, and at least the league had the stones to admit to their officials' mistake.

now, if you're gs and you lose a player to injury because this series went a game longer than it should have (meaning: 5 games), you're obviously even more pissed. but this is a step above the stern nba, in which they would have simply insisted that harden didn't push off. you're all blind. also, go f yourselves. also, buy our tickets.

19. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    NBA needs to get a handle
    But I'm glad they said nothing
    About illegal picks from Randle

[​IMG]

LTLakerFan, Mitch and revgen like this.
  20. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I'm quite glad they called it out, even if it doesn't change the official game outcome. Come on, we're all so sick of Harden's crap, it's great to see the powers that be finally go against him instead of in his favor. Now if they would actually call charging when he's barreling into opponents to go to the line, that would be really cool!

sirronstuff, abeer3 and Cookie like this.