2016-2017 Playoff Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by alam1108, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Bryant

Bryant - Lakers 6th Man -

2. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Jimmy just destroyed IT there

LTLakerFan likes this.
  3. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

Bucks should lead the Raptors 2-0 ... Two missed wide open 3s down the stretch

4. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    100% of ESPN writers picked Boston over the Bulls, and they are down 2-0

Can they make a comeback?

5. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah...no. he actually shot pretty poorly from the floor, and that's including all the missed FGs negated by phantom fouls and FTAs. in the two of the really pivotal games in the series, he basically shot more FTs than the mavs did in games decided by a couple points. guys like alonzo mourning were literally putting people on their backs without whistles, while they were putting wade on the line in plays wherein there was no actual physical contact. trying to apologize for this in the name of fan toughness is pretty ridiculous.

6. MonsterMash32

MonsterMash32 - Rookie -

I was talking about last night. 20 something shooting well with on 2 FTAs.

You mean the pivotal game 3 where if Dirk hits one FT we tie the game and have a shot to go 3-0 in ot. Or J Ho's 2 missed FTs in the last min that gave Heat the lead. And his total disappearing act in half the games. Stack's stupid tackle on Shaq. That the last 3 games our C's were more than useless. Our garbage bench outside of Stack finally reared it's head. You can blame no whistles for the whole team, except Terry. You can say all 100 or whatever he were all phantom calls. You're absolving our s***ty play and joining the crowd yelling, we def would have 2 if it wasn't for those darn refs. You can stand in line with the 02 Kings who were more focused on what supposed bad call LA got instead of just playing their game. I try to live a life where I don't make excuses.

And this is why none of them like me. I've been a lot of chat message boards for various teams. No exaggeration, over half of the Mavs fans still think the refs and league are out to get them and whine every single call. There are people who's last 20 post history is nothing but.

7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

objection, relevance.

one of the worst arguments made is that the mavs' failure to be perfect justifies the horribly biased officiating. note that nobody ever tries to argue the officiating wasn't horribly biased (because THAT would be THE worst argument). the heat missed shots, made dumb plays, etc., but they got bailed out in big moments (and really, throughout). the mavs had no net. it's a competition: you don't have to play your best; you just have to play better than the other team. the mavs did. and it's not just mavs fans who believe this.

and it most certainly is because of the officials that the mavs don't have two titles.

at least the lakers got screwed earlier in that series. the mavs never got a bone thrown to them in the entire miami series. none.

i don't live a life ignoring facts. nor do i understand why someone would accuse a fan of a team of "making excuses". i didn't lose the nba finals. i'm just interested in accuracy.

i'm guessing an equal percentage of non-mavs fans think the 06 finals were rigged, but they're simply not emotionally invested in it. there are plenty of fans and media who still to this day perpetuate the narrative--because it's true.

8. MonsterMash32

MonsterMash32 - Rookie -

They played better? Because that's not what the banners say. The fact that you say with certainty that the Mavs would have won if the big, bad refs didn't screw every call up, that they would have 2, exonerates them of any fault of their substandard play. All of the skill players shot less than 40%, except Terry, and only Stack shot over 35% from 3 because Zo was bear hugging every player. All o f Wade's ghost fouls cause the Mav's offense to go to s***.

Those non fans are the ones who think all series where a team shoots more FTs than another.

Btw, your boy Matthews would career lows in shooting %'s if not for last year. That 13, 3 and 3 sure look good $18

9. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

I feel bad officiating can lead to more than just FT's, it changes momentum, mentally impacts players etc.

But what's done is done, I'm sure like you said, if everyone picked up there games we wouldn't be debating it.

10. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

If you want to see bad officiating... go and re-watch yesterdays Bayern - Real match

11. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Bad officiating?

02. Lakers / Kings games 5 and 6.

04. No way Stern was gonna let Kobe hold up that trophy.

06. Couldn't breathe on Wade.

09 Finals Game 2 (so bad that even Bill Simmons wrote an article about it).

Battle Tested20 and abeer3 like this.
  12. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

lol, ok. what is and what should be are always the same. keep working with that philosophy. call me when something bad happens.

i'm not going to continue after this, as it's clear you're not understanding, but for the last time: those percentages were good enough to win, had wade not been awarded a literally unprecedented amount of FTAs. the mavs could have won a title with a s*** offense had the refs not artificially made their defense worse. seriously, this is really easy to understand.

alonzo mourning's bear hugs created situations where guys like stackhouse were taking threes instead of shots in the paint.

those who understand that sports cease to exist without fair application of rules.

no idea why you mention this, but the fact that you don't see matthews' value is sort of right in line with the fact that you don't see the 06 finals as rigged. it's lazy thinking in both counts.

mash says you just rise above. if someone chops your arm off, you should still win a tennis match. if only you hadn't double faulted that one time!!! you deserve to lose. who cares if your opponent was allowed to have a second player on the court. buck up, america!

sorry, this machismo is too much for me.

Juronimo likes this.
  13. MonsterMash32

MonsterMash32 - Rookie -

14. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

Speaking of skewed fts, and players abeer loves, Harden has 20pts on 2-10 fgs in the mid 3rd q

abeer3 and John3:16 like this.
  15. Daloyalfan18-Brandon

Daloyalfan18-Brandon - Rookie -

I love watching Russ!

Battle Tested20 and John3:16 like this.
  16. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    1 rebound short of a triple double in the 3rd quarter.

17. Daloyalfan18-Brandon

Other than Lou and Ariza I really don't like this Rockets team.

Cookie and abeer3 like this.
  18. Jazzygirl205

Jazzygirl205 - Rookie -

The amount of free throws James Harden gets is disgusting. His points are mainly coming from free throws.

Cookie and abeer3 like this.
  19. Daloyalfan18-Brandon

I will give him credit for actually making some big shots in the 4th but yeah he is the king of free throws.

20. Jazzygirl205

Jazzygirl205 - Rookie -

Watching Russell try to save that team with nobody on it makes me sad. He literally took a bunch of lottery picks to the playoffs. Reminds me of Kobe in 05/06.