2002 Game 6 Vs. Kings

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by trodgers, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

this is the part where nobody ever brings up but us Laker fans. Gm 1 looked like Sac was bout to get swept then that food poisoning changed that series

IE Lakers likes this.
  2. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

the kings fans' argument is "well the league basically admitted to rigging game 6"

game 6 was horribly officiated. but there were terrible calls that went in the kings favor as well such as the non-call on the moving screen by webber that helped bibby hit the GW in game 5. and like we all know, the kings completely choked in game 7 by missing 14 FTs

stojakovic in particular went MIA in game 7. 3-12 shooting and 0-6 from 3 including that memorable airball at the very end that could've given SAC the lead. christie completely bricked a 3 in OT that would've given SAC the lead as well

Weezy, IE Lakers and Khmrp like this.
  3. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

I laugh when I hear about the Game 6 rigging. Because Game 5 was one of the worst officiated games I had ever seen and it ended with Kobe trying to hit a game winner and Bobby Jackson pulling his jersey out of his damn shorts and not getting a call.

bfc1125roy, Weezy, IE Lakers and 2 others like this.
  4. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

That Stojakovic airball was so delicious I can still taste it today. Such a great shooter absolutely shrunk in the big moment, it’s why we won 3 in a row and teams like Portland and Sacto didn’t get any, they lacked the Horrys and the Fishers, even the Shaws, Harpers and Rices.

Seriously, if you have the time, do yourself a favor and re-watch this game. The first half is an offensive masterpiece by Sacto, and the 2nd half is a defensive work of art by the Lakers with clutch scoring as the icing on top, but the entire game is 2 teams playing their backsides off like you never see anymore today because of rule changes and style of play changes. Craziest of all, we don’t win if Samaki freakin Walker doesn’t hit a 35 footer at the halftime buzzer.

5. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

The reality is everybody not named Bibby kept choking for them mainly in Game 4 and Game 7, simple as that.

They didn't have mentally what it takes to close it out . I have no pb recognizing they were the better team , but this is what happens when you are mental midgets facing proven champions and clutch players

17 years later we're going to crush their souls again, make it to the postseason over them ... thanks to the tie breaker

LMAO

6. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

i forgot how much i hated mike bibby

also, wasn't walker's buzzer beater shouldn't have counted. lakers caught a huge break on that one and that shot was the biggest factor in the league using instant replay beginning the next season

7. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    All I'm going to say is that the Kings killed themselves at the FT line. Complain all you want this many years later but you guys did more harm to yourselves than anyone else.

sirronstuff likes this.
  8. Kobe Bryant 8

Kobe Bryant 8 - Lakers 6th Man -

Hating the C Bags
    Seemed like he never missed against us. He and Troy Hudson. Pricks.

432J likes this.